A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 03:22:48 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR race stopped to repair pothole  (Read 1603 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: February 14, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »

The Daytona 500 has been halted because of a pothole in the pavement, a significant setback for NASCAR’s version of the Super Bowl.

It was unclear how or when the hole developed on an area between turns one and two, but officials stopped Sunday’s race with 78 laps remaining in the 200-lap season-opening race.

Cars parked on pit road for about 30 minutes, then NASCAR allowed drivers to get out of their cockpits for a break.

Track workers started trying to patch the hole, which was about 18 inches long and 8 inches wide, but it was unclear how long it would take.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AtZZ75m4VTNrIvS1veKAB.rov7YF?slug=ap-nascar-daytonastoppage&prov=ap&type=lgns

I am beginning to think potholes are involved in some sort of large scale terrorist plot.

Power is nothing till you use it.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:30:03 pm »

WoW I missed it.   I didn't know they were racing in Tulsa!    Shocked

Trust but verify
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 11:05:43 am »

I was wondering if Becco had been contracted to re-pave Daytona.  Roll Eyes

The eventual winner of the race has several local connections.

For those of you who don't follow NASCAR closely, the winner, Jamie McMurray, is a Joplin, Mo. native.  He used to be sponsored by Tulsa-based Williams Travel Centers when he was first starting out in NASCAR ten years ago and his current sponsor is Springfield-based Bass Pro Shops.  This was a great story: He had lost his ride near the end of last year due to downsizing at his previous team and practically had to beg to get the deal that got him into the car he won with yesterday.  Many had written him off as a not having "it".  Jamie is truly a nice guy and hopefully, this is a sign of good things to come for him.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org