A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:25:02 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patton V. Glassco For District Judge  (Read 2229 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: November 01, 2010, 11:00:36 am »

I have a personal bias against Kurt Glassco due to what I felt were some serious ethical lapses for someone trained as an attorney and Methodist lay minister.  There are also some complaints about him on a rate an attorney web site. However, I'm quite well aware chronic complainers will usually find a place to post a complaint much more so than people will post about a positive experience and people on the losing end in court are usually not overly pleased with their representation.

That said:  after looking at the work of the candidates, I can't seem to find any complaints about Glassco since he was appointed to the bench and his sentencing ruling in the Mathis case (five people run down, two killed on Brookside) was spot-on.  My mother was on jury duty recently and said Glassco's courtroom demeanor was very professional and attentive.

All I can find about his opponent, John Patton, is that he's got the support of the NRA and the chairwoman and vice chairman of the Tulsa County Republican party.  He's also somehow related to General George Patton.

Just curious if anyone had any dealings with either Patton or Glassco and how they planned to vote.  I think I can put aside the personal issues I had and vote to retain Glassco unless there's just something overwhelmingly good about Patton someone else can add.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:39:42 am »

I figure the Patton guy must be smart and good-looking.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 12:55:36 pm »

I figure the Patton guy must be smart and good-looking.

His commercial mentiones his connection to George Patton and family in ever major american war.

They exclude the fact his ancestor fought for the South.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org