A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 02:17:44 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recycling Not Picked Up?  (Read 15210 times)
Ihearttacos
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 10:14:26 am »

I'm not having as much a problem with the pick up as with the fact that in a 2-hour window my recycling was picked up and my bin disappeared! ...this was in the first week of the new schedule/company.  They used to pick up at 6am and the first time the new service picked up between 2 and 4.  I called CoT and asked for a new bin, they said they would put in for it.  nothing.  I left a letter for the recycling crew.  nothing.  I'm really irritated that they can't seem to get me a bin.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 02:05:40 pm »

Mine was empty when I got home from work last Thursday, I think they are getting the message.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 03:01:58 pm »

Mine was empty when I got home from work last Thursday, I think they are getting the message.

So far I have never had them miss a pickup...just that first day they didn't get there until just after 6:15 pm.  Since then they average between 1pm and 4pm

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ihearttacos
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 08:39:16 am »

The city sent out nice informative letters about the pick up problem, which has always been taken (if I remember to put it out). The letter included a card with my pickup dates for the rest of the year, nice.  The recycling went out Tuesday night for pick up Wednesday....still there on Thursday!  Put a call in to CoT number so kindly printed on the letter, also inquired about the bin that was never delivered.....apparently it's been 'pending' for the last 4 months.  They said that never happens, well it did, just like my recycling was never picked up.  They should pay me to put up with them. 

I'm for once a week trash pick up and once a week recycling (mandatory), can someone please pass that into legislation?  The two would balance each other out...why are we always last to do the right thing?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 08:41:08 am »

I'm for once a week trash pick up and once a week recycling (mandatory), can someone please pass that into legislation? 

You need to say that to your city councilor.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 08:59:11 am »

No more problems with my service, I got the letter and card as well. Curious though, how much the city had to spend on that little clarification.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 11:43:55 am »

The contractor has quit now. Instead of putting it out to bid the city is handing it over to the previous contractor, who I didn't like that much either.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 12:07:34 pm »

The contractor has quit now. Instead of putting it out to bid the city is handing it over to the previous contractor, who I didn't like that much either.

Just another Charlie Foxtrot brought to you by the COT.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 12:30:31 pm »

Just another Charlie Foxtrot brought to you by the COT.

Not sure how this is the city's fault if the contractor thought it was too difficult.  Trust me, I'm no advocate for the current city goverment status, but at least the city put their foot down about the number of complaints.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »

I wonder if the new/old contractor will pick up recycling in the alleys? My alley is technically a street (Carthage Ave) not an alley but the old/new contractor asked the city to change the routes.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 01:32:43 pm »

Not sure how this is the city's fault if the contractor thought it was too difficult.  Trust me, I'm no advocate for the current city goverment status, but at least the city put their foot down about the number of complaints.

I tend to lump the contractors (read: Becco, RR waste solutions) in with the city.  I keep lowering my expectations on a daily basis.

According to RRW, the city was somewhat to blame because of incomplete or incorrect route maps.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:34:34 pm by Conan71 » Logged

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 01:38:04 pm »

No. It is much more complicated than that.

The TARE board asked the contractor if they would be interested in assigning the contract. The distractions and complaints were getting in the way of discussions of new ideas.

Power is nothing till you use it.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:11 am »

No. It is much more complicated than that.

The TARE board asked the contractor if they would be interested in assigning the contract. The distractions and complaints were getting in the way of discussions of new ideas.

The contractor they've had since June was "holding up new ideas"

Hasn't trash collection been basically the same for decades?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org