A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:23:39 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KPMG RECOMMENDS PRIVATIZING CITY DEPARTMENTS  (Read 8678 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 10:38:12 am »

If you can convince enough others that you have good ideas and goals, money will follow. 

That has always been my plan.

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 03:26:57 pm »

The President’s complexion in his state of the union speech last night seem to have been bleached out from the world traveling he has been doing. 

From the responses posted on the KPMG recommendations that millions of dollars could be saved  by privatizing city departments, one could assume the very mentioning of such has the same bleaching effect on the city employees.  If the city is to survive steps should be taken now to implement these recommendations. 

True or false.       

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 03:32:15 pm »

The President’s complexion in his state of the union speech last night seem to have been bleached out from the world traveling he has been doing. 

adjust the little knob on your Zenith
waterboy
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 04:26:16 pm »

From the responses posted on the KPMG recommendations that millions of dollars could be saved  by privatizing city departments, one could assume the very mentioning of such has the same bleaching effect on the city employees.  If the city is to survive steps should be taken now to implement these recommendations. 

True or false.       

Nice segue.

I haven't read the entire report but after working in the private sector my whole life I am hesitant to throw caution to the wind and jump into privatization based on a consultant's opinion. Yes, we might save millions by doing so. We could save millions by simply shutting off all the street lights and replacing traffic signals with 4 way stop signs. So, count me false.

Most of our city problems might also be assuaged by changing to a city manager. True or False?
shadows
City Father

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 04:39:41 pm »

Nice segue.

I haven't read the entire report but after working in the private sector my whole life I am hesitant to throw caution to the wind and jump into privatization based on a consultant's opinion. Yes, we might save millions by doing so. We could save millions by simply shutting off all the street lights and replacing traffic signals with 4 way stop signs. So, count me false.

Most of our city problems might also be assuaged by changing to a city manager. True or False?
I have a copy of the first KPMG and have read it.  It would seem that some 10 Years later there is new recommendation costing over a million dollar reporting the same things and now as usual one needs to read it.  It is well known that on Friday if one is looking for a city employee they are always in meeting.  

Try to find someone in city hall that knows where the meeting is being held.

In Tulsa we have a city manager/mayor elected by the people.  Does not the great charter change establish a city manager/mayor system whereas now we would change it to where 9 to 13 people would appoint the manager/mayor.  Do the citizenry know the difference between a duck and a chicken? The duck is the one that waddles around, always looking for something to feed on.

Now  the DA and the courts are at fault because of the apathy of the citizen to vote for a loosing cause.    

It is time to implement the new study?  Or shall we continue to stretch out the rope to hang ourselves with?

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 04:42:23 pm by shadows » Logged

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org