A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 04:18:42 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need heat and AC guy that works on the side  (Read 2762 times)
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« on: July 30, 2013, 05:40:40 pm »

Looking for a heat and AC guy that works on the side without all the overhead of the big companies.  I used to have a guy but lost track of him. 
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 08:22:31 pm »

I think the one I use will work on either side, standing or sitting....any of the above.   

All Temp on east 15th.  He has had the chance to get to me on several occasions and treated me very fairly each time.
http://www.alltempheatandcool.com/

I bet everyone is really busy right now....good luck!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 08:53:51 pm »

I think the one I use will work on either side, standing or sitting....any of the above.   

All Temp on east 15th.  He has had the chance to get to me on several occasions and treated me very fairly each time.
http://www.alltempheatandcool.com/

I bet everyone is really busy right now....good luck!!

Probably not quite as busy as they were this time last year and the year before, however...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »

I understand wanting to save money, I've approached it this way before too. 

However, if your house burns down after that off-duty guy works on it, good luck collecting on his homeowner's insurance for liability if he even owns a home.  You won't be able to go after the company he works for on his day job either.

Now for a disclaimer: personally, as someone with an interest in a mechanical contracting firm that probably paid for some or all of the training that person has, I now understand why it rips off legitimate businesses.  There's reasons it costs $85 plus an hour to deal with "real" heating and air companies and much of it protects you in the event of a major screw up.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 08:00:31 am »

Probably not quite as busy as they were this time last year and the year before, however...

Haven't talked to him this year, but the OKC guys are at least as busy....  I am gonna have to change out the whole system this year (it's time - 37 years old A/C), and starting to schedule the work now for probably late Sept....maybe early Oct.

And one company I know making equipment can't build and ship it fast enough.  The east and northeast are having a hot summer that is helping that quite a bit.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org