A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:00:57 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD Pleads Guilty to Lesser Charge  (Read 2599 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« on: September 21, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »

Tulsa Police Chief apologizes for what TPD didnt do during the race riot...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/TPD_police_chief_apologizes_for_police_inaction_in/20130921_11_0_TulsaP297661

...when police lead mobs and handed out weapons to anyone with white skin.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:59:01 pm »

Tulsa Police Chief apologizes for what TPD didnt do during the race riot...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/TPD_police_chief_apologizes_for_police_inaction_in/20130921_11_0_TulsaP297661

...when police lead mobs and handed out weapons to anyone with white skin.

Kinda hard for him to apologize for individuals who can't speak, don't you think?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 06:29:29 pm »

Chief Jordan is a good guy. He has done a lot to reach out to north Tulsa.

I like that he did this.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 09:05:21 pm »

Kinda hard for him to apologize for individuals who can't speak, don't you think?

Kind of runs hand-in-hand with people like you and I who were born 40+ years after the riots "owing" victims or their descendants something due to the ignorance and stupidity of earlier generations.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 12:52:32 am »

Read the fine article. He specifically says he's apologizing on behalf of the institution which continues to this day, not the dead. Which is a perfectly appropriate thing to do.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org