A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 07:30:26 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy fireworks?  (Read 2665 times)
alanm96ss
« on: July 03, 2007, 12:26:20 pm »

Of course firework stands can be found all over town; but where are the best priced fireworks?  And best selections?  Do you have a favorite firework stand?  Thanks in advanced for any and all responses.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:56:42 pm »

Alan,

Not sure the best prices.  Just don't try the five finger discount at a church-run stand.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:59:34 pm »

or for those that really like fireworks, the 4 finger discount (get it, get it?).

Actually, true patriots build their own explosives. [Wink]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:10:04 pm »

It is illegal to possess or transport fireworks in the city limits of Tulsa.

There are sworn officers of the law who read this forum and will be obligated to arrest you if you admit to this violation.

Power is nothing till you use it.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 03:09:49 pm »

If that's true, why do I know of 5 different places that sit along side of the road in Tulsa and sell fireworks to people in the open?

I believe it is illegal to USE fireworks in Tulsa city limits, but the sale and possession of such is ok.  Or is this like illegal like tattoos were illegal?  Or do you mean the cops will enforce this law like they follow the traffic laws?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
buckeye
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:26:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

There are sworn officers of the law who read this forum and will be obligated to arrest you if you admit to this violation.

Thank you, Captain Rectitude.  Now where do we get the good stuff?
AMP
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 01:10:11 am »

quote:
Originally posted by recyclemichael

Transporting.... Ha, they are shooting them off on most every neighborhood street in this area.  Streets look like a military engagement.  The wrappers and cardboard are strewn all around.  The kids are having a great time, I enjoy listening to the loud ones and the crackling ones and the whistling ones.  

Glad the cops don't hassle the kids having fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org