A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:18:39 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A question about gratuities...  (Read 5874 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007, 08:19:50 am »

I only tip car hops if they are on roller skates. [Cheesy]

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2007, 11:03:56 am »

If your service sucks it is more appropriate to tell the manager than to with hold the tip. Not tipping makes you look like the bad guy and the server learns nothing, but they think you are a cheapskate. If you don't feel like telling the manager leave a note that explains why you chose not to tip. In either case, make your complaints very specific: "You did not smile", "you were slow returning to take our order" "you never refilled our drinks nor asked us how the food was", "you poured coffee on me causing 2nd degree burns and then kissed my boo-boo".   Be cognizant of how busy they are and how many tables they are tending.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org