A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 08:19:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Bye Civic Center  (Read 27825 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2007, 09:08:50 am »

Wait, wait wait Sgrizz, you have that so messed up.  There are many more ways to make money as a public servant.  You could have a failing business that you could help out.  Start a business.  Transfer assets to yourself and set it up so you can make money out of office.  Then there is the Clinton tactic - set your friends up fat and profit when out of office.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2007, 10:08:16 am »

I can't do public office. I'd want to spend too much time on "city stuff" and not enough time on myself.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2007, 10:21:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

It's funny.  Bill Christiansen on Wednesday night news was saying "...I'm a conservative business man....." and how this purchase didn't make sense.  I guess he is no longer a conservative business man.

I should run against him next round. Of course I need to get a successful business that could benefit from my position in office first.

Yeah, okay Medlock.

Do you have any vast conspiracy flow charts to accompany your assertion? [Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2007, 10:22:14 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Wait, wait wait Sgrizz, you have that so messed up.  There are many more ways to make money as a public servant.  You could have a failing business that you could help out.  Start a business.  Transfer assets to yourself and set it up so you can make money out of office.  Then there is the Clinton tactic - set your friends up fat and profit when out of office.

I bet Clinton learned from the master: Gene Stipe.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2007, 11:54:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur

It's funny.  Bill Christiansen on Wednesday night news was saying "...I'm a conservative business man....." and how this purchase didn't make sense.  I guess he is no longer a conservative business man.

I should run against him next round. Of course I need to get a successful business that could benefit from my position in office first.

Yeah, okay Medlock.

Do you have any vast conspiracy flow charts to accompany your assertion? [Wink]

You got visio?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org