A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:04:18 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KAKC - KVOO - TULSA OILERS - FRED JONES FORD  (Read 3240 times)
AMP
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:35:28 pm »

Looking north from 10th and Boston in 1955. Visable buildings include: Sinclair Building, California Courts Apartments, and KAKC Radio. At the far left can be seen the sign for Cap's Hamburgers, as well as a billboard for Fred Jones Ford/Lincoln/Mercury.

Oiler Park
View of 15th Street looking east near Yale, circa 1965. Oiler Park is on the right. There are advertisements for Harley Davidson, Midas, Lea's Pizzeria, and KVOO Radio.

KVOO Radio Station located on Reservoir Hill, circa 1929.

TULSA BEAUTIFUL CAMPAIGN 1955
Group of ladies (perhaps wives of Tulsa Chamber of Commerce members), gathered in support of the Tulsa Beautiful Campaign in 1955. The drive was to "Clean up, Paint Up, and Fix Up" Tulsa homes, neighborhoods, and businesses.
billintulsa
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:01:50 am »

Great shots - thanks for sharing!  (I had forgotten that KAKC was once downtown.)
Wingnut
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 08:00:59 am »

Neat pic of Oiler Park.
I used to work there when i was about 13 selling popcorn and peanuts. I think on a good night I would make about $3.00. Good money back then.
AMP
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:55:22 am »

More of Oiler Park from Tulsa TV Memories

http://tulsatvmemories.com/oiler.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org