A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:31:55 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would hate to be this guy...  (Read 2576 times)
unknown
« on: September 12, 2007, 04:31:35 pm »

Poor petere92346... I bet he is kicking himself pretty hard right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270132264843

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260145824374

Anybody know collectrdan?
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:35:21 pm »

That's unreal. What's the backstory? Why did it not get any attention when collectordan bought it, then go through the roof when he put it up?

I wish I could be that lucky! Wow.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:55:24 pm »

Did a little looking...the high bid was bogus and collectordan isn't going to sell it now. "With all this fiasco surrounding this, I'd rather it just go to charity," he said. "It's taken too much time already from our overseas business ventures."

Why does this just not smell right? You have offers for six figures for it, but it's taking too much time to bother with it? Yeah, right.

Tulsa World story.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:22:51 am »

Yeah, I call BS with gusto.

For $100,000 you could hire an MBA to sell it on Ebay for you...  for $500,000 Goldman Sachs would sell it.  Such ventures are not beyond major corporations, surely Mr. Ebay has the time to take away from his "over seas venture" for such en devours.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:08:47 am »

Sheesh.  Woodul shouldn't have gone public w/ this story.  Based on the IRS saying the fellow who caught Barry Bonds' record-breaking ball being liable for taxes on his estimated $500,000 windfall, I'd say they could do the same thing to this poor b'tard.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org