News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

I'm sick of doing laundry...

Started by AngieB, October 14, 2007, 07:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannon_fodder

Get a steamer. SOOOO much better than ironing (when applicable, some things need a crease).
- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by TulsaMINI

Picked up my clothes this evening. Very nice. They washed and put 29 items on hangers for less than $14. Nothing was ironed, but not everything needed to be. But when I do need to iron a blouse or a pair of pants, it won't be too bad since they're already in pretty good shape hanging.

I feel almost bad at how inexpensive it was.

I used to get bundle service done for awhile while I was transitioning between residences.  Leave a nice tip, I'm sure they don't get paid squat.  I think I was paying about $15 and I would always leave a $20.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

Steve

This thread is a real hoot.  Has free time become so precious that one now can not wash their own clothes?  My, my, how priorities and attitudes have changed over the past 50 years.

I don't particularily relish doing laundry, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay someone else to do it!  Besides, my machines do all the washing & drying work, all I have to do is put it away and some ironing.  (Suits & dry cleaning excepted.)  Now if your work requires frequent travel where laundry facilities are not available, I can see sending out the wash.  But if you don't want to do the laundry simply because you don't enjoy it, give me a break.  If your income is such you can justify paying someone else to wash your dirty clothes, more power to you.  I, like 90% of the public, consider doing laundry just a fact of life.

mdunn

Damn!!14 bucks+ free hangers??Whats the ancient chinese secret tho??did they tell ya that?
C'mon Angie,we were educated together at same time and school,they put a subliminal message in your pants pocket!

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by mdunn

Damn!!14 bucks+ free hangers??Whats the ancient chinese secret tho??did they tell ya that?
C'mon Angie,we were educated together at same time and school,they put a subliminal message in your pants pocket!

Crack me up!!! Wasn't "ancient chinese secret" the tag line from the old 1960's Calgon Water Softener commercials on TV?  Ah, memories...

mdunn

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

quote:
Originally posted by mdunn

Crack me up!!! Wasn't "ancient chinese secret" the tag line from the old 1960's Calgon Water Softener commercials on TV?  Ah, memories...

I believe those commercials went well into 70s..maybe 80s.!!