A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 04:01:09 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenpool Wal-Mart  (Read 21365 times)
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 01:12:48 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by South County

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19146250&BRD=2754&PAG=461&dept_id=574067&rfi=6

The latest from Glenpool

glad to see its coming along.  I am closing on my new house Jan 30th in (as your name implies) south county in the addition of South Woods.  I am just surprised that it wont actually open til April.  I was by there the other day, and it looked farther along then 3 months of inside work. Maybe its just me though.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
South County
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 02:01:26 pm »

Looks like the Medical Clinic is about to start. Also looks like the pool place is moving south.

http://www.glenpool.com/pdf/PC-010808.pdf

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 02:11:12 pm »

I am glad to know I can get medical care and pool service in Glenpool.

Surprisingly, I can get hurt in the pool fairly easily.

Power is nothing till you use it.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 03:57:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I am glad to know I can get medical care and pool service in Glenpool.

Surprisingly, I can get hurt in the pool fairly easily.

you are not the only one I am sure.  Gleenpool is coming along these days, especially landing this walmart.  Hopefully they start on the stop light at 111th and hwy 75 soon.  They have already started doing the easement work on it.  Then it will be stoplight-less (if thats a word) drive to downtown! hooray!

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
South County
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2008, 05:54:59 pm »

For those interested:

Wal-Mart to open May 7. They are hiring 350 people. You can apply at Glenpool City Hall M-F 8-8. Also they are to have a big opening ceremony for their new "green" store concept. CNN business and top Wal-Mart brass expected.

Also hear IHOP is on board. They are to be on the lake with outdoor seating.

Sante Fe Cattle Co. to start construction in a couple of weeks.

Plus another retail complex supposedly in works same site just northwest of Wal-mart.
safetyguy
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:52 pm »

Thanks for the info on Wal-mart. I am glad that I will be a little over a mile away from it. I am not looking forward to the traffic mess that it will create for the people exiting off of 75 at 121st.

Is the other shopping place the one with the land close to Tulsa Winch where they have had the sign up for retail space for several years?
South County
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 08:54:27 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

Thanks for the info on Wal-mart. I am glad that I will be a little over a mile away from it. I am not looking forward to the traffic mess that it will create for the people exiting off of 75 at 121st.

Is the other shopping place the one with the land close to Tulsa Winch where they have had the sign up for retail space for several years?

No  - same site just to the north and west a bit of Wal-Mart
safetyguy
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2008, 08:35:24 am »

quote:

Wal-Mart to open May 7. They are hiring 350 people. You can apply at Glenpool City Hall M-F 8-8. Also they are to have a big opening ceremony for their new "green" store concept. CNN business and top Wal-Mart brass expected.

Is Wal-mart still opening on Wednesday?
Composer
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 03:39:35 pm »

Yes! 8am is opening for public with 7:30am ceremony.
safetyguy
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 02:14:22 pm »

What's the building being built in one of the outlots near Wal-mart? The one that is framed and they were bricking it yesterday.

Upon further review today, it looks like its going to be Sonic.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 12:18:19 pm by safetyguy » Logged
South County
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2008, 04:47:01 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by safetyguy

What's the building being built in one of the outlots near Wal-mart? The one that is framed and they were bricking it yesterday.

Upon further review today, it looks like its going to be Sonic.

Correct. The other steel frame on west a bit is the medical clinic. Santa Fe Cattle Co will be next to the Sonic. Plans are in review now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org