A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 03:22:57 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Whacked  (Read 2200 times)
FOTD
« on: December 28, 2007, 05:38:27 pm »

Please read "Pakistan: 'Bush Whacking' Democracy in less than 15 Days" Sept. 15 2007. Negroponte and Boucher are at the center
http://newssophisticate.blogspot.com/2007/09/pakistan-bush-whacking-democracy-in.html

The summer in Pakistan has been wild. First off, its election time. Musharraf who installed himself as President after a bloodless coup in 1999, is running AGAIN despite the reality that he can not. This has thrown Pakistan into complete chaos.

In a pathetic attempt to stay in power Musharraf is subverting democracy in every way possible. September has been full of confusion on the micro level, but on the macro level it's easy to see the subversion in action.
In effect, while Musharraf does a Lalu on his country, Negroponte is doing a Honduras on Pakistan. Times of India 9/15

Pakistan is critical to the war on terror. The United States must keep Musharraf in power or the entire 'network' on the war on terror breaks down. So, what is their strategy? In short..subversion..check this out.

Nawaz Sharif declares he's coming back to Pakistan. This leads Saudi Arabia and the United States to send their top officials to Pakistan IMMEDIATELY. While in Pakistan the situation was tense awaiting Sharif's moves. Would he actually get on the plane?

an official said last night "There are crisis meetings going on around the clock. No final decision has been made. It probably won't be made until the last minute... "Let's see first whether Sharif gets on the plane. We've then got eight hours to decide." The Australian 9/10
Sharif's announcement led Pakistan anti terror courts sent out a message that they were preparing VIP prison cells for Sharif's arrival. Sharif's brother was accused of murder charges and faced imprisonment if he came back with his brother. Undeterred by the threats, Sharif boarded a plane and headed to Pakistan on Sept 10th.

"My ambition is very clear, I have to take Pakistan back to the rule of democracy, because unless we have this, we will continue to be in a state of mess as we are today," he [Sharif] told reporters on the plane as they waited for takeoff. Reuters 9/10
While in the air, Musharraf cracked down on his supporters and sealed the airport. When Sharif landed his plane was boarded...he was taken into custody...and sent to Saudi Arabia for another 3 years in exile. Problem solved, right?

Nope. Sharif has roughly 160 million supporters...Supporters of DEMOCRACY. They want honest representation. They want Sharif. If not Sharif, Bhutto will do. But this is another problem all together. This has completely threatened Musharraf and forced him to take dramatic measures to stay in power.

Musharraf has done everything possible in a extremely short time. From broken down power sharing agreements with Bhutto, to stating that he will be elected by HIS government, not the new.

In the most recent turn of events, the courts, who are no friend to Musharraf, have stated that he can not hold both the army Chief title and Presidency concurrently....funny thing is, according to the Pakisani constitution...if Musharraf resigns from his military post he would be ineligible to run for political office for 2 years. This would effectively render his election bid USELESS. So what did they come up with...

They've suggested having his wife run for President and he stay on as Army chief. This brings us to another rather peculiar situation. His wife Sehba has no political experience. NONE. She is Harvard educated, has lived in London for 8 years and their sons in the United States. Chicago, I believe. This arrangement was quickly dismissed though. But...

If this situation does occur, it would bring about the 'battle of the wives' . You see after Sharif was RE-exiled on the 10th, Kulsoom Sharif, said she would 'follow in the footsteps of his[Nawaz] footsteps' and bring the 'oxygen of democracy' to a people asphyxiating under a dictatorship.' Later adding 'I will see how they will stop me'..'I am not under the same restrictions as Nawaz Sharif and his brother Shahbaz Sharif.

It's unbelievable what is occurring. Just remember..this all has occurred in roughly 15 days! Musharraf, under the advice of Negroponte and Boucher are completely 'bushwhacking' democracy in Pakistan.

The mastermind of this Made-in-USA arrangement is said to be former intelligence czar and Deputy Secretary of State John Negroponte, who is credited with managing delicate regime changes in Latin America.

Negroponte and his state department colleague, Assistant Secretary of State Richard Boucher, were very much in the picture in Islamabad when the Musharraf regime forcibly deported Nawaz Sharif with help from Bush ally, the House of Sad, in contravention of the Supreme Court ruling
Times of India 9/15

and today, Sept 20th...it gets much more interesting. Reuters is reporting a new Osama Bin Laden video where he 'Declares war on Musharraf and the Pakistani army.'

I guess somebody was paying attention...Bin Laden. Pakistan is being 'bush whacked'.

Same Players. Different Scandal.

And this too:

http://politicsplus.blogspot.com/2007/12/who-benefits-from-bushwhack-of-benazir.html

"But we're not done yet.  Who else benefits?  Indirectly, the elimination of Benazir Bhutto strengthens the position of the Al Qaeda/Taliban faction in Pakistan.  And what sense does it make that Musharraf has continued to enjoy the support of Bush and the GOP, when his ties to the al Qaeda/Taliban faction are an open secret?  Given the failure of Bush/GOP policies across the board, both at home and abroad, the only propaganda tool that they have left is the fear card.  For seven long years, they have depended upon the threat of terrorism to play that card as a means to retain power.  GOP candidates have already started playing it.  A terrorist-related crisis in a nuclear nation, such as this, clearly benefits Bush and the GOP.

I have no proof, so I am not claiming that Bush and the GOP are complicit here, but ask yourself this.  Should we trust the party line that we get from our captive press that it's just the Al Qaeda/Taliban terrorists, when Musharraf, Bush and the GOP also receive so much benefit from the death of Benazir Bhutto?"

Musharraf tried to hire Blackwater to defend her. That sez it all folks....
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:41:49 am »

SORRY BUT THIS HAS TO BE A DOUBLE POST!
Whoa! Bob "The Traitor" Novak pens a column accusing the Bush Administration of ignoring and even rebuffing Bhutto's concerns about her security and implying that the Pakistani Government killed her, NOT Al-Qaeda. Is Novak drinking truth serum for once?

Sacrificing Bhutto to prop up Musharraf?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/novak/719606,CST-EDT-NOVAK31.article

December 31, 2007
BY ROBERT NOVAK Sun-Times Columnist
The assassination of Benazir Bhutto followed urgent pleas to the State Department for the last two months by her representatives for better security protection. The U.S. reaction was that she was worried over nothing, expressing assurance that Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf would not let anything happen to her.

That attitude led Bhutto's agent to inform a high-ranking State Department official that her camp no longer viewed the backstage U.S. effort to broker power sharing between Musharraf and former Prime Minister Bhutto as a good-faith effort toward democracy. It was, according to the written complaint, an attempt to preserve the politically endangered Musharraf as President Bush's man in Islamabad.

Bush confirmed that judgment Thursday when he urged that the Jan. 8 election be held in furtherance of Pakistani ''democracy.'' That may be Musharraf's position, but it definitely is not that of his critics. They say an election would be a sham with Bhutto dead, no successor named to head her Pakistan People's Party, and Saudi-backed former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif boycotting the balloting.

The Bush administration months ago decided to broker power sharing with the deeply unpopular Musharraf and the popular Bhutto. That decision was based on Pakistan's strategic importance as a sanctuary for al-Qaida and Taliban fighters. Bush was in a quandary. Bhutto was much tougher than Musharraf on Islamist extremists, but Bush had heavily invested in Musharraf.

When I last saw Bhutto in August in Manhattan, she was deeply concerned about U.S. ambivalence but asked me not to write about it. She had not heard from Musharraf for three weeks after their secret July meeting in Abu Dhabi. She feared the Pakistani strongman was not being prodded from Washington.

Next came Musharraf's state of emergency and purge of Pakistan's Supreme Court to guarantee legality of his questionable election as president. According to Bhutto's advisers, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice asked Bhutto to go along with that process in return for concessions from Musharraf. Bhutto agreed but got nothing in return.

The unsuccessful Oct. 18 attempt on Bhutto's life followed the regime's rejection of her requested security protection when she returned from eight years in exile. The Pakistani government vetoed FBI assistance in investigating the attack. On Oct. 26, Bhutto sent an e-mail to Mark Siegel, her friend and Washington spokesman, to be made public only in the event of her death.

''I would hold Musharraf responsible,'' Bhutto said. ''I have been made to feel insecure by his minions.'' She listed obstruction to her ''taking private cars or using tinted windows,'' using jammers against roadside bombs and being surrounded by police cars. ''Without him [Musharraf],'' she said, those requests could not have been blocked.

In early December, a former Pakistani official supporting Bhutto visited a senior U.S. government official to renew her security requests. He got a brush-off, a mind-set reflected Dec. 6 in a Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing.

Richard Boucher, assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asian affairs, was asked to respond to fears by nonpartisan American observers of a rigged election. His reply: ''I do think they can have a good election. They can have a credible election. They can have a transparent and a fair election. It's not going to be a perfect election.'' Boucher's words echoed through corridors of power in Islamabad. The Americans' not demanding perfection signaled they would settle for less. Without Benazir Bhutto around, it is apt to be a lot less.

A more sinister fallout of a free hand from Washington for Pakistan might be Bhutto's murder. Neither her shooting last Thursday nor the attempt on her life Oct. 18 bore the classic al-Qaida trademark. After the carnage, government trucks used streams of water to clean up the blood and in the process destroy forensic evidence. If not too late, would an investigation by the FBI still be in order?

Musharraf's critics say an election would be a sham with Bhutto dead.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 12:10:19 pm »

So are you of the notion that perhaps Musharraf or someone in his government are culpable in some respect or even directly responsible for this?
FOTD
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 12:49:42 pm »

It appears the US feels like Moooshie is a better bet to maintain security for the US in an unsecure nuclear Islamic state....Democracy comes second to control (no matter what the word is coming from this executive lying bunch) and terrorism makes for a good battle cry if you have no ability in foreign diplomacy.

We're wasted...at least for a few years until the Busheviks are cleared out.

Personally, I like Moooshie. He was great with both John Stewart and Bill Maher.

End the writers strike now!
mr.jaynes
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 08:39:55 pm »

I'm not yet clear if this was a conspiracy by the powers that be in Pakistan, but I'm eager to find out.
FOTD
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 08:50:36 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

I'm not yet clear if this was a conspiracy by the powers that be in Pakistan, but I'm eager to find out.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-pakistan_barker_01jan01,0,716663.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

we'll never know for sure....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org