A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 04:21:05 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 742-dine Have you used them?  (Read 7221 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 12:15:34 am »

Buzz, sounds like from your posts you are trying to get into the delivery business.  I believe there was a competitor here for some time, but they folded their tent.

742-DINE has been around a long time, at least 15 to 18 years now, if not longer.  If you are interested in doing something like that, I'd recommend you go to work for them for awhile and figure out how it all works.  They would have to get some sort of kickback out of the restaurants, or it might just be a monthly "advertising fee" which keeps a restaurant's menu in 742-Dine's master menu for a month and that's where overhead and profit come from.  Delivery charges might be a wash.

I'm not saying I know inside info, but that's a logical way of how it all could work.  It's a business I have no interest in so I've never really put much thought in the business model.

Not saying you couldn't do it.  Hell, look how wrong Fred Smith's professor got the concept of Fed-X all wrong!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
NellieBly
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 12:41:47 pm »

I have used them several times and they are way faster than the local pizza places. FYI - tip is not included. They ask you tip the driver as you would your server at the restaurant (20 percent) I think it's a little much since they aren't going to refill my water or clean the table when I'm finished, but they are fast and I usually tip well, anyway.
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 09:30:36 pm »

The Owasso area now has Fine Dining that makes deliveries so there is another food delivery service in the area.    

Just call 272-Fine and they make deliveries in the Owasso/Collinsville area.

Their web site is http://www.finedinedelivery.com/

Trust but verify
mdunn
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 07:13:09 am »

Whats with all these questions???If I wanted to do a survey,They have sites for this!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org