A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:17:17 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City Council Elections 2008  (Read 7269 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 03:14:24 pm »

Rocky has his work cut out for him. He has two opponents in the primary. Eric Gomez has run for the race before with party support and the other, Jason Matlock has support of many of the the YP crowd.

The democrat side is intersting too. The incumbent Maria Barnes, has lots of support but her primary opponent, probably has lots of money. He owns the Mayo Meadow shopping center where he recently leased to Wal-Mart.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 03:59:03 pm »

Go Rocky!

Now that would be a victory party I'd like to attend...maybe Eric would show up.  [Smiley]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 09:56:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Rocky has his work cut out for him. He has two opponents in the primary. Eric Gomez has run for the race before with party support and the other, Jason Matlock has support of many of the the YP crowd.

The democrat side is intersting too. The incumbent Maria Barnes, has lots of support but her primary opponent, probably has lots of money. He owns the Mayo Meadow shopping center where he recently leased to Wal-Mart.

Yeah, Matlock has all those "3500 members" of TYPros or YPTulsa or whatever on his side.  I don't give him a chance.  If I'm wrong Michael, I'll eat one of your pizzas next time we meet at Mazzio's.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
inteller
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 10:01:12 am »

Does anyone know about Austin Hansen?  He is running against the RINO of dist 8 as a Dem.  I'm willing to support anyone short of a mass murderer against the current sellout in the Dist 8 seat.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 10:14:27 am »

I know Austin. We used to work together about twenty years ago. He now works as a mechanic at American Airlines.

He is smart and loves to talk politics. He has run as a republican and as a democrat for Council and for state house and senate seats.

Power is nothing till you use it.
tulsasignnazi
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 11:13:49 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

Is there no opponent for the District 9 seat?  Just this "PT Barnum" guy...?  Come on folks...  Please?

quote:
The World overlooked one guy running in District 9.

Make Life Simple

He says he has the 300 signatures to get on the ballot. It should be an interesting campaign.

Ed

quote:
Go Rocky!

Now that would be a victory party I'd like to attend...maybe Eric would show up.

Hell, yeaaaaaaaaah!  I'd go to the Rocky Vic PaaaaaaTeeeeeee!  Probably be more like a Rumble of the Tulsa Rockers!

Yawn.  PT Barnum is about as funny as yesterday's BEER on the bathroom floor at Night Trips.  He's probably not too funny anymore, but, he'll NEVER get chicken-ROOP'd.

Bynum could probably win this baby in his SLEEP.  He got NUTHIN' to worry 'bout.[^][Cheesy]

He could probably do like that other little guy, sit on his can for two years, waiting for his next BIG gig.  Maybe go up against Mommy in '10 or how about that Missy Mensch seat over at County?

Ya think he might lose the ILLEGAL signs on 36th between Harvard and Lewis?  Naaaaaah.  [Sad!][Sad!]

Come on, Bynum.  OBEY the LAW, dammit.  You don't need to litter MY public right-o'way to win.  You gonna WIN, baby!
inteller
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 12:05:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

I know Austin. We used to work together about twenty years ago. He now works as a mechanic at American Airlines.

He is smart and loves to talk politics. He has run as a republican and as a democrat for Council and for state house and senate seats.

Good to hear.  I was afraid it was someone with no political experience.  I'd like to hear his views on development.
tulsasignnazi
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 12:10:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

I just want him to 86 the cigs.
inteller
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 12:22:20 pm »

I'll let the cigs slide if he can go on a safari and shoot down the RINO.
tulsasignnazi
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 12:32:23 pm »

quote:

RINO can't be all THAT bad, if he made KFAQ eat CROW, right?[Tongue]  The man is kinda like herpes.  He's annoying, but, you get use to it, right?

I am getting the feeling his detractors are just JEALOUS.  Maybe he go on to fart on Jimbo No Global Warming seat one day?  Naaaaaaaaaah.
inteller
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsasignnazi

quote:

RINO can't be all THAT bad, if he made KFAQ eat CROW, right?[Tongue]  The man is kinda like herpes.  He's annoying, but, you get use to it, right?

I am getting the feeling his detractors are just JEALOUS.  Maybe he go on to fart on Jimbo No Global Warming seat one day?  Naaaaaaaaaah.

you need to go away Tay.
tulsasignnazi
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 01:54:18 pm »

TRUTH bites, eh, inteller?  Chill out, boy.
inteller
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2008, 02:02:18 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsasignnazi

TRUTH bites, eh, inteller?  Chill out, boy.

you have been banned from here several times....I don't see why once more couldn't be in order.
tulsasignnazi
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2008, 02:15:56 pm »

quote:
you have been banned from here several times....I don't see why once more couldn't be in order.

Go ahead, boy.  You can't handle the TRUTH.  I've done my damage.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org