A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:31:31 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinema 8 - Sand Springs  (Read 8863 times)
breitee
« on: January 02, 2008, 09:13:24 am »

Went to see a movie there last night. I have not been there for a while. WHAT A DUMP! Broken seats, broken arm rests, FILTHY carpet. Do they do any upkeep or maintenance to this theatre? If not sell it to somebody who cares enough to keep it looking decent.
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:38:55 am »

quote:
Originally posted by breitee

Went to see a movie there last night. I have not been there for a while. WHAT A DUMP! Broken seats, broken arm rests, FILTHY carpet. Do they do any upkeep or maintenance to this theatre? If not sell it to somebody who cares enough to keep it looking decent.

We used to go there up until last year. It was closer and easier than the Promenade. But had to stop because the place was filthy and full of ...people I couldn't relate to. Someone take it over and clean the place up please!
Composer
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:49:40 am »

The Broken Arrow Cinema 8 is the same.  I think a developer has plans for building a new theater in Broken Arrow sometime in 2008.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »

That entire development between the theater and KMart is a dump.

Not sure who owns it anymore, but at one time it was owned by Sam Harris' father. Purchased and developed most likely with some of Sam's Star Search money.

breitee
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 02:14:19 pm »

It is still owned by old man Harris who recently was quoted as blaming Wal-Mart for stealing the business that used to be in his dilapidated properties. Maybe Sam needs to kick in some money to help his whinebag dad fix up the theatre and strip center.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:23:48 pm »

Wal-Mart stole his business? Now that is funny.

Let's see....he personally owned the Goldie's there and ran it into the ground.

He Personally owned a video rental store there and ran it into the groud by refusing to carry DVD's until Blockbuster moved in and it was too late.

He personally owned an ice cream shop there that was so overpriced you could buy 2 gallons of ice cream from Braum's for what it cost for 1 cone there.

Let's see...what else was in that complex that was never, never in its history full.

A "pool hall" that God fearing citizens would dread to enter due to the amount of thugs hanging out. I mean unless of course you were looking to score some weed or a set of hot hubcaps.

An Army recruiting office. Still there I think.

Mr. Harris' property management company.

That's all I can think of. Like I said....3/4 of the complex never had anything in it.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 06:32:05 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

Not sure who owns it anymore, but at one time it was owned by Sam Harris' father. Purchased and developed most likely with some of Sam's Star Search money.

Ah yes, Sam Harris. Along with Heather Langenkamp, the pride of Sand Springs!
JTMATHIS
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 01:28:14 am »

Your comments are worth reading.  If I could, I would like to add that I was transferred in late July of last year to manage this theatre.  I urge you all to contact me, and give me an opportunity to once again show-case this theatre.  Remember, new releases at the best price in town.

THE THEATRE HAS BEEN REMODELED
- Completely new concession stand with self-serve butter.
- New carpeting.
- Replacement of seating.
- Thorough cleaning of carpeting and seating.
- New lighting.
- Remodeled bathroom.

This is just a few.  Now, if you would come back and give us another chance, it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have an offer for you.  If all of you above my post send me your address, I will send a rain check for two by first-class.

If any of you viewing this post have had a bad experience, please let me know and don't hesitate to contact me at:

jmathis@cinemark.com

Matinee's before 6.....$2.50
Evenings....$4.50
T-TownMike
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 01:35:43 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by JTMATHIS

Your comments are worth reading.  If I could, I would like to add that I was transferred in late July of last year to manage this theatre.  I urge you all to contact me, and give me an opportunity to once again show-case this theatre.  Remember, new releases at the best price in town.

- New carpeting.
- New lighting.
- Remodeled bathroom.

This is just a few.  Now, if you would come back and give us another chance, it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have an offer for you.  If all of you above my post send me your address, I will send a rain check for two by first-class.

If any of you viewing this post have had a bad experience, please let me know and don't hesitate to contact me at:

jmathis@cinemark.com

Evenings....$4.50

It's refreshing to see somebody go the extra mile and show some genuine appreciation for patrons. Outstanding post!I wish great success.
JTMATHIS
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 04:52:42 pm »

To those that responded with your address, please let me know if you received the passes.  On the same note, if you can discuss your positive experience and spread the word - then much appreciation is bowed to you.

Thanks,

JT MATHIS
breitee
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by JTMATHIS

- New carpeting.
- New lighting.
- Remodeled bathroom.

jmathis@cinemark.com

Evenings....$4.50

Went to see Indiana Jones last night and would like to comment on the "improvements".

1) Seating has only been partially replaced. That is, only the truly broken seats have been replaced and in some cases the seat or the back only have been replaced. The majority of the seats are the same old dirty ones.

2) The "new" restrooms were filthy and you either were sticking or sliding on the floor from urine on the tile.

3) Nobody ever took our tickets. We purchased them as usual outside, bought popcorn and drinks and then walked right into theatre #1. My point here is that anybody could have walked right in and saw any of the movies for free as there was nobody to stop them.

4) Somebody needs to be trained on mixing the sound. The surround sound speakers on the wall were much too loud and the dialog speakers up front by the screen were not loud enough. As a result much of the dialog was drowned out by the music and other background noise.

I only report back these experiences as a means for the manager to correct the problems. If this theatre is ever going to be a nice place to bring the family and watch movies they must do a little better job of running this place. Low prices alone are not enough. By the way, the matinee cost is now $2.75 each.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:16:41 am by breitee » Logged
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:23 am »

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

How is Heather Langenkamp the pride of Sand Springs?
mr.jaynes
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 06:35:13 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

quote:

How is Heather Langenkamp the pride of Sand Springs?

I was being facetious.
JTMATHIS
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 02:46:06 pm »

In response.  Thanks for taking the time to comment.

1) Seating has only been partially replaced. That is, only the truly broken seats have been replaced and in some cases the seat or the back only have been replaced. The majority of the seats are the same old dirty ones.

>>Seating. Please keep in mind that each seat, to replace, would cost around $150 plus installation.  So with around 2500 seats, you can imagine the costs.  With this in mind, that is why we strive to keep the prices low.  But, understand that they are detailed cleaned annually.

2) The "new" restrooms were filthy and you either were sticking or sliding on the floor from urine on the tile.

>>Restroom.  I apologize for this.  Though I am hoping that you walked in after the offender; we did in fact slip-up on that.  Did you use the restroom after the movie; was it the same?

3) Nobody ever took our tickets. We purchased them as usual outside, bought popcorn and drinks and then walked right into theatre #1. My point here is that anybody could have walked right in and saw any of the movies for free as there was nobody to stop them.

>>Ticket.  Someone may not have been taking your tickets, but did you find the staffing adequate so that you didn't have to wait in line long at the concession stand or box office.  Employees are trained not to allow anyone without a ticket in the theatre.  We also have cameras in the lobby that are viewed by the manager to ensure no horseplay or sneaking in takes place.

4) Somebody needs to be trained on mixing the sound. The surround sound speakers on the wall were much too loud and the dialog speakers up front by the screen were not loud enough. As a result much of the dialog was drowned out by the music and other background noise.

>>Sound.  I will forward this to our booth tech.

Again, thanks for your visit and keep me informed on your experiences.  I do hope that you enjoyed your movie somewhat.

Thanks,

JT MATHIS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org