A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 02:23:43 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Friend coming home from Iraq  (Read 2177 times)
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« on: May 22, 2008, 09:03:06 pm »

Late last Tuesday night I got a call from my  friend serving in Iraq.  He didn't talk much other than saying he was going to be in town from yesterday through June 10th.  I can't find anything on the newspaper or internet saying anything about the 45th Infantry coming home.

Can anybody point me in a direction as to how I can find out when and where he is coming home to Tulsa?

Did anybody else receive a phone call recently from somebody they know (maybe 45th Infantry) in Iraq saying they are coming home to Tulsa?
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:04:14 pm »

I haven't heard from him since the call.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:03:22 am »

I have not heard anything about this, but a 2 week leave is not unheard of.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
mrhaskellok
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 04:11:48 pm »

Yeah, Dana he is coming home on leave....almost 100% sure of that.  Your friend is in my unit.  I was activated to go back to Iraq with them but got a back injury in Texas while training.  I keep in contact with all my friends almost daily.  No sign of the unit coming home right away but after 4 months they qualify for leave.  Treat him right when he gets home!
Dana431
Armchair Urbanist
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 05:40:47 pm »

His family and friends including myself hasn't heard from him yet.  From what I have been told, The ride home isn't a well structured process.  He may have been told he's coming at a certain date, but what actually happens can be something totally different.

mrhaskellok, I and other friends are going to make sure he has a great time home when he gets here.  I can only imagine what things he has seen out there...
mrhaskellok
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 09:38:18 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Dana431

His family and friends including myself hasn't heard from him yet.  From what I have been told, The ride home isn't a well structured process.  He may have been told he's coming at a certain date, but what actually happens can be something totally different.

mrhaskellok, I and other friends are going to make sure he has a great time home when he gets here.  I can only imagine what things he has seen out there...

I promise you, you can only imagine.  
The trip home on leave is a nightmare..you are on standby flights only, and usually you only get 48 hours notice as to when you you have to get on a plane...mine was less than 6 hours.  I knew I was coming home on leave during that week but then they just poked in my tent and said, your plane is leaving in 6 hours.  Lol, then it was non-stop adventure all the way home.  Oh well, it was well worth it.  I just remember feeling strang getting back into "civilian" life.  And EVERYONE stared all the time.  [Cheesy]  Anyway, really glad to hear you guys are going to take good care of him.  
Peace.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org