A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:33:28 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fix Our Streets Campaign (telemarketing)  (Read 1452 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: October 08, 2008, 11:49:21 am »

I have been contacted twice now by telemarketers on behalf of the "fix our streets campaign."

The basic script:
quote:

This package is a way to fix Tulsa's streets and will hold officials accountable for that task.  It will only go towards fixing our streets, no other projects... can we put a sign in your yard? . . . will you vote yes on propositions 1 + 2 in November to fix Tulsa's streets?

The call came from #00000000.  The first call I inquired, as I often do, where the call center was located (India, Philippines, Omaha, it usually doesn't matter if they are selling something or answering y Discover bill questions) - the response was Oklahoma City.  The second call, just a moment ago, the caller responded with "a location away from the campaign headquarters." Upon further inquire he said "I am not authorized to give any more information."  I asked if he was in Tulsa and he responded with the scripted line.

I looked up the "Fix Our Streets" campaign.  All I could find is that it is funded by the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce.  
http://ww3.tulsachamber.com/news.asp?id=10&newsid=111

Why would any group, let alone the chamber, hire an outside group to do the telemarketing?  No call centers in Tulsa?  Even to get our streets fixed we have to have people in Oklahoma City do the work?

Bah.  I don't get it.  I'll still probably vote yes at this point.  Even though I don't trust the local government with money and don't believe they will get the most street "bang" for the buck.  But our streets need action.

Anyway, I found that call interesting.  For fun, they also got my name and address wrong.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TFDSaysNONewTax
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:25:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

Why would any group, let alone the chamber, hire an outside group to do the telemarketing?  No call centers in Tulsa?  Even to get our streets fixed we have to have people in Oklahoma City do the work?

I assume you are asking a RHETORICAL question.
inteller
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:37:21 pm »

man, no WAY this tax is going to pass in this economic environment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org