A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 01:24:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AT&T U-Verse  (Read 77656 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:31 am »

Have you used HDMI on a different input? contrast settings could be an issue as well. Also make sure that the box is inputting the highest format capable. The Cox boxes default to 480p on HDMI.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2009, 09:25:04 am »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Have you used HDMI on a different input? contrast settings could be an issue as well. Also make sure that the box is inputting the highest format capable. The Cox boxes default to 480p on HDMI.

Yeah I have.  I made sure both boxes were at 1080i and that the picture setting was Pro.  I have a 60" Sony SXRD XBR in the living room with a 46" Sony XBR3 in the bedroom.  The vivid and standard picture settings are too bright.  I will mess around with the color contrast tonight.  Also, another positive of Uverse is the fact that they have WGN HD.  Which Directv does not yet carry.  I love watching my beloved Chicago Cubs in HD!

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2009, 09:35:46 am »

I see on my current Cox bill my cable and internet combo have arbitrarily gone up about $7.00.  Might be time to start thinking about alternatives....

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2009, 10:42:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I see on my current Cox bill my cable and internet combo have arbitrarily gone up about $7.00.  Might be time to start thinking about alternatives....

correct me if I am wrong sgrizzle, but haven't you called into Cox in the past about raising their rates, and threaten to cancel and they have lowered your monthly rate?  I don't understand when companies raise their rates yet provide nothing more then the service they were already providing.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2009, 11:14:15 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TUalum0982

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

correct me if I am wrong sgrizzle, but haven't you called into Cox in the past about raising their rates, and threaten to cancel and they have lowered your monthly rate?  I don't understand when companies raise their rates yet provide nothing more then the service they were already providing.

Yeah, they lowered mine $20 for 12 months and an additional $20 for 6 months. Cox has been running new fiber and expanding their bandwidth which I believe is constrained (no matter what cox says). They have been adding more HD channels, albeit 3-4 at a time.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2009, 02:05:10 pm »

quote:

Overall, U-verse has some great features, but the overall picture quality IMO is inferior to that of Directv.  If Uverse could improve upon their picture quality it would be vastly superior, but the picture quality kills it for me.

If you get your TV calibrated properly, you'll have much better dark detail, but you'll also notice the compression artifacts much more.

I'm surprised you find the total home DVR worth a damn. Can't you share shows between DVRs with the newer DirecTV boxes anyway?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2009, 02:28:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm

quote:

Overall, U-verse has some great features, but the overall picture quality IMO is inferior to that of Directv.  If Uverse could improve upon their picture quality it would be vastly superior, but the picture quality kills it for me.

If you get your TV calibrated properly, you'll have much better dark detail, but you'll also notice the compression artifacts much more.

I'm surprised you find the total home DVR worth a damn. Can't you share shows between DVRs with the newer DirecTV boxes anyway?

not to my knowledge.  I have the HR22 in the bedroom (HD DVR) because the directv installer said he could not run the additional wire down the 12FT living room cieling.  I have the regular HD receiver in the living room.  I like the features of THDVR and the SUPER FAST channel speed and the guide IMO is overall a better product, but I can't seem to get the picture quality to even equal that of directv.  I have had both of my TV's calibrated to ISF standards and are set as a custom video setting.  

Also, to manage your recordings from online, you have to have AT&T internet.  With directv, I can go to ANY computer and manage recordings, etc.  And like I mentioned earlier, they are coming out with an APP for the iPhone that is supposed to be even easier.  My only gripe with Directv is they still do not have WGN HD which generally carries about 60 cubs games a year.  It looks AWFUL on DTV SD channel 307.  

Like I said, I have read from several forums where if you hook up Uverse with components, it will take away some of the saturation.  I will try that this week, but based on my experience overall, I don't think I will keep Uverse.  

"You cant solve Stupid." 
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2009, 03:56:28 pm »

Talk about ridiculous. As some of you may know, I canceled my U-Verse service within the 30 days. I received yet another bill today. They wanted $140 from me.

I called them up and they said "oh, yes, you canceled in the first 30 days, let me credit that back to you." Why exactly is it that their computer system failed to do that on its own? Are they just trying to steal money from inattentive people?

Idiots.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2009, 04:49:43 pm »

Talk about ridiculous. As some of you may know, I canceled my U-Verse service within the 30 days. I received yet another bill today. They wanted $140 from me.

I called them up and they said "oh, yes, you canceled in the first 30 days, let me credit that back to you." Why exactly is it that their computer system failed to do that on its own? Are they just trying to steal money from inattentive people?

Idiots.

Sounds like their billing practices haven't changed much.  They still claim I owe them $180 from 2001 (yes, 2001, which is now outside the statute of limitations) that they keep selling the debt off to, even after I provided them proof that I paid them the final bill.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2009, 07:18:03 pm »

Nat just guessin you may have cx the service after the bill cycle began.  You may still get one last statement, I am really not sure.

CAUTION: PAID EMPLOYEE OF AT&T
That Uverse continues to amaze everyone I talk to that have it.  Promos (no contract, no act, $ back) are still in play so if anyone wants to take the Nat challenge, now is definitely the time.

It was the second bill I'd received since I canceled, and was marked "final bill." I ignored the previous one, since it came only a few days after I canceled, I presumed it was generated beforehand and would be corrected. Apparently not. At least the hold time was minimal.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org