A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 12:15:12 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fair Board Exempt From City Regulations  (Read 4243 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: May 23, 2009, 10:55:19 pm »

Expo Square CEO Mark Andrus states that the fair board will deduct the stormwater management and solid waste removal fees from its monthly utility payments to the city, and asks the city to exempt them from the 2 percent franchise fee charged monthly by American Electric Power-Public Service Company of Oklahoma.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090523_16_A11_ExpoSq937399

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:20:56 am »

I wonder if I can try that?

Power is nothing till you use it.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:24:17 pm »

RM: I don’t believe that you can get away with it.  I have been assessed on a vacant lot going back three years when there was no water meter or tap.

The storm water fee is a being construed as a property tax that was enacted without the vote of the people.  The franchise tax was voted on by the people but I don’t think the people knew when voting on it that they were the ones that was going to be billed for it.   

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:14:47 pm »

I don’t think the people knew when voting on it that they were the ones that was going to be billed for it.   
People are pretty stupid, then. Regulated utilities have rates set on a cost-plus basis. Either the rate per billable unit increases when cost increases or there is a line item added to the bill. I personally prefer it broken out.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 10:37:25 pm »

People are pretty stupid, then.

No, just the liberal ones.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 07:52:48 am »

No, just the liberal ones.
Don't be fooled into believing that either liberals or conservatives have a monopoly on stupidity.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 08:20:52 am »

Don't be fooled into believing that either liberals or conservatives have a monopoly on stupidity.

Oh, not that tired old meme.   Wink

I'm just having some fun with you. 

As to the OP, FAIK, isn't the fairboard an entity of the County?  I'm curious if recent events between the city and county and their resulting litigation isn't more about a few people who would like to see city/county services and properties combined kind of like Miami/Dade.  The argument is for more streamlined and efficient local governance. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 09:33:48 am »

would like to see city/county services and properties combined kind of like Miami/Dade.  The argument is for more streamlined and efficient local governance. 
That would be a good thing as far as I'm concerned, but I doubt any of the other cities and towns in Tulsa County would appreciate it much. Too much encroachment on their own personal fiefdoms.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org