A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:27:04 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company Adding new High Paying positions in Tulsa...  (Read 2750 times)
zstyles
Philanthropist

« on: July 17, 2009, 08:35:15 pm »

Was out this evening for happy hour and spoke to a few friends who work at Dollar Thrifty off 31st and the Ba. They said the company just announced a major inititaive to bring some jobs back from outsourcing and overseas back to Tulsa. They said it was in the high 70's starting out and there will be 20-40 positions all in IT. Nice to hear about a local company adding local jobs, not outsourcing them anymore and supporting Tulsa.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 09:38:02 pm »

Was out this evening for happy hour and spoke to a few friends who work at Dollar Thrifty off 31st and the Ba. They said the company just announced a major inititaive to bring some jobs back from outsourcing and overseas back to Tulsa. They said it was in the high 70's starting out and there will be 20-40 positions all in IT. Nice to hear about a local company adding local jobs, not outsourcing them anymore and supporting Tulsa.

Better yet, high-end jobs. 

Of course there are communists on here who think they should create four times as many jobs for 1/4 the wages and let the gov't supply their insurance.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:57 pm »

Year end, DT was near broke. The stock was near .75 a share. 6 months later, it's at 15+.

Wild ride.

Unemployment across the country will remain horrible for many years thanks to the 8 years under the Busheviks.

Every little bit helps....
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 02:15:21 pm »

Year end, DT was near broke. The stock was near .75 a share. 6 months later, it's at 15+.

Wild ride.

Unemployment across the country will remain horrible for many years thanks to the 8 years under the Busheviks.

Every little bit helps....

I work at DTAG, and getting rid of the former executive management team and bringing on the new head honchos we have now was the best thing to ever happen to that company. Employee morale has gotten so much better, and the company is really heading in the right direction. It's a good feeling. And trust me we are all DEFINITELY excited to hear this news. The IT outsourcing was a total nightmare.
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 01:45:45 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Dollar-Thrifty-Automotive-prnews-4168655634.html?x=0&.v=1
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 01:57:04 pm »

Better yet, high-end jobs. 

Of course there are communists
Yes, communists. People who want single payer health care want collective ownership of the means of production. Private companies should no longer exist. Roll Eyes

You're writing like a moron.

On topic, this is good news. Offshoring can make some business sense in some cases, but too often companies go too far and it impacts productivity. Then you get managers who made the decision to offshore forcing stupid initiatives to get the offshore resources used more so as to justify their stupidity. That leads to even worse inefficiencies.

I'm glad to see that yet another company has realized that offshoring support services like IT doesn't make a lick of sense. (Some IT functions can be offshored effectively, but it's a limited set)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 02:50:06 pm »

Damn!  I was going to buy into DT but decided against it since I have a bit of a local bias on the company.  Generally I always think a local company will recover (see SYNM) and look for good news.  So I stayed away . . .

BUT GLAD TO HEAR IT ANYWAY!!!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org