A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:36:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New North Tulsa Grocery Store Robbed Over The Weekend  (Read 2032 times)
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« on: February 08, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »

I hope they find the person and stick him in one of those prisons where big Bubba will make him his grumble.   Its smile like this why people worry about opening a businesses on northside and why the only other grocery store on this side of town is a Save-a-Lot on pine and lewis and that Warehouse Market that practically borders Sheridan and Admiral. I am not to sure if North Tulsa has more crime than the rest of Tulsa, but there are perceptions that North Tulsa has more crime than any other part of Tulsa, a armed robbery happening just 3 weeks after a grand opening doesn't help people's perceptions.

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11948349

Three weeks after holding its grand opening, a gunman robbed North Tulsa's only grocery store Saturday night.

Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett and Interim Police Chief Chuck Jordan say they are working on a plan to keep the Gateway Market safe.

Mayor Bartlett says the community and city have worked too hard to get the store opened to let it fail. He reassured the neighborhood that the Gateway Market "will not close."

The store owner, Antonio Perez, said the grocery store, located in the Gateway Shopping Center at 1601 North Peoria, was robbed at about 10:20 p.m.

"Myself and the head cashier was coming out of the safe room and a gentleman walked up to us with a chrome-plated gun and ordered us to get back into the safe room and empty the safe out," said Deadrick Gillespin, who is an assistant store manager. "And kept telling us that somebody was going to die tonight if we didn't get that safe open."

Gillespin said it took about ten minutes to get the safe open. The suspect then ordered the employees to put all of the money from the safe into his bag.

"At which point he wanted to know how he was gonna get out, but he still had my keys in his pocket. So he gave me my keys and ordered me to open up the door and he walked out the door. Or should I say, he ran out the door, and ran down the sidewalk and we haven't seen him since," said Gillespin.

"We're lucky to be alive, glad to be alive and we're gonna keep moving forward," Gillespin said.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 01:44:33 pm »

I hope they find the person and stick him in one of those prisons where big Bubba will make him his grumble.   Its smile like this why people worry about opening a businesses on northside and why the only other grocery store on this side of town is a Save-a-Lot on pine and lewis and that Warehouse Market that practically borders Sheridan and Admiral. I am not to sure if North Tulsa has more crime than the rest of Tulsa, but there are perceptions that North Tulsa has more crime than any other part of Tulsa, a armed robbery happening just 3 weeks after a grand opening doesn't help people's perceptions.

http://www.news9.com/Global/story.asp?S=11948349

Three weeks after holding its grand opening, a gunman robbed North Tulsa's only grocery store Saturday night.

Tulsa Mayor Dewey Bartlett and Interim Police Chief Chuck Jordan say they are working on a plan to keep the Gateway Market safe.

Mayor Bartlett says the community and city have worked too hard to get the store opened to let it fail. He reassured the neighborhood that the Gateway Market "will not close."

The store owner, Antonio Perez, said the grocery store, located in the Gateway Shopping Center at 1601 North Peoria, was robbed at about 10:20 p.m.

"Myself and the head cashier was coming out of the safe room and a gentleman walked up to us with a chrome-plated gun and ordered us to get back into the safe room and empty the safe out," said Deadrick Gillespin, who is an assistant store manager. "And kept telling us that somebody was going to die tonight if we didn't get that safe open."

Gillespin said it took about ten minutes to get the safe open. The suspect then ordered the employees to put all of the money from the safe into his bag.

"At which point he wanted to know how he was gonna get out, but he still had my keys in his pocket. So he gave me my keys and ordered me to open up the door and he walked out the door. Or should I say, he ran out the door, and ran down the sidewalk and we haven't seen him since," said Gillespin.

"We're lucky to be alive, glad to be alive and we're gonna keep moving forward," Gillespin said.

Wait... something is wrong here.  This almost sounds like someone with an inside knowledge of the store.  I can't imagine a gunman hanging out for ten minutes while the manager opened the safe.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 01:49:12 pm »

Wait... something is wrong here.  This almost sounds like someone with an inside knowledge of the store.  I can't imagine a gunman hanging out for ten minutes while the manager opened the safe.

If it had been an inside job, he probably wouldn't have had to ask them how to get out of the store.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:06:17 pm »

Duplicate thread:
http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=14621.15

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org