A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 03:24:50 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fire Station #12  (Read 3773 times)
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« on: June 25, 2010, 02:19:31 pm »

Visiting a client yesterday.  They had decided to remove the metal facade from their shipping bay to reveal and clean up the brick beneath, and they found. . .

Tulsa Fire Station #12

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
dbacks fan
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:27:31 pm »

Where is this located?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 02:29:46 pm »

40th and 28th W Ave.

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 02:33:03 pm »

They knew part of the building was an old fire station, but they didn't know the original signage was there.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 02:46:07 pm by Gaspar » Logged

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 03:04:26 pm »

No schnitz, I'll have to drive by after work.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 09:10:02 pm »

No schnitz, I'll have to drive by after work.

Now how cool is that.  I wonder if this station is anywhere in the Beryl Ford Collection...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 09:36:32 am »

Wow that's wild how its shoe-horned in there. I missed it on my first drive by. Anyone aside from rwarn aware there is a Cedar street just off the east side of the 41st st overpass by Ollies?  There's also a Patton St over there iirc

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dsjeffries
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 11:57:20 am »

Wow! That is an amazing find! Thanks for sharing, Gaspar!
rwarn17588
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 12:09:25 pm »

I've seen old maps that indicate that 40th Street once was the street that went across the railroad tracks, not 41st.

So it would have made some sense to put a small fire station there, just so that folks west of the tracks could get some sort of fire protection.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:02 pm »

Wow that's wild how its shoe-horned in there. I missed it on my first drive by. Anyone aside from rwarn aware there is a Cedar street just off the east side of the 41st st overpass by Ollies?  There's also a Patton St over there iirc

I had a friend of mine living in that area right after I graduated high school that had a Tulsa street address on Michael Dr, believe it or not.

And no RM, I doubt it was named for you...LOL.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 03:26:43 pm »

There's also a Patton St over there iirc

Patton street has one house left on it. Go past the dry cleaners and turn right.
The expressway took out all the rest.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Ihearttacos
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:44 pm »

I'd love to see a picture of the whole building.  I tried for a street view of this area and couldn't figure which building it might have been before the brick was exposed.  Great find though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org