A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 04:26:40 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: no confidence in the new city attorney (who starts tomorrow)  (Read 2877 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« on: November 30, 2010, 12:04:37 pm »

Council plans no confidence vote against interim city attorney

By P.J. LASSEK World Staff Writer
Published: 11/30/2010 

The City Council plans to take a vote of no confidence on Thursday against Interim City Attorney David Pauling, who will begin work on Wednesday. Some councilors predicted Tuesday that December "is going to be ugly," in anticipation of Pauling taking action against Council Attorney Drew Rees. During a committee meeting discussion the council had many questions about Pauling including Mayor Dewey Bartlett's motive behind his hiring.

Councilors noted Pauling's statements to the media about his position that the charter does not allow for a council attorney. One councilor noted that Pauling and the mayor's personal attorney Joel Wohlgemuth were seen meeting together in the mayor's office.

Bartlett has aggressively sought to have Rees' post returned to the Legal Department. Bartlett and Wohlgemuth have maintained for months that Rees is an employee of the city's Legal Department and therefore is managed by the mayor. They also contend that the City Charter does not provide for a City Council attorney.

The council contends that Rees is its employee, in a job that was legally established by former Mayor Bill LaFortune and posted by the Human Resources Department

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101130_11_0_hrimgs221339

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 12:09:10 pm »

Hmmm, imagine that.  Whould have thought Mayor Simonson Bartlet (sic) would have brought in a ringer as interim city attorney?

I had lunch with one of our councilors yesterday, he said Dewey is a major disappointment and doesn't seem to have a clue what is going on down at City Hall.

Where's that recall petition?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:16 pm »

Where's that recall petition?
That's what I've been asking for months
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:25 pm »

I never, ever thought this before (and I will deny ever feeling this way), but I feel sorry for the attorneys.

I feel sorry for Drew Rees whom I have watched for years and have a lot of respect for. I feel sorry for David Pauling to be attacked before he starts his job. I feel sorry for Joel Wohlgemuth who was brought in by representing the Mayor in a related suit. I feel sorry for Bill LaFortune who created the position of Council Attorney.

I don't see an end game. This battle is way more than should the council be allowed to hire their own counsel. This is a fight to see who controls City Hall.

Politics is a combat sport. Wear a cup.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 01:58:35 pm »

I never, ever thought this before (and I will deny ever feeling this way), but I feel sorry for the attorneys.

I feel sorry for Drew Rees whom I have watched for years and have a lot of respect for. I feel sorry for David Pauling to be attacked before he starts his job. I feel sorry for Joel Wohlgemuth who was brought in by representing the Mayor in a related suit. I feel sorry for Bill LaFortune who created the position of Council Attorney.

I don't see an end game. This battle is way more than should the council be allowed to hire their own counsel. This is a fight to see who controls City Hall.

You are just a really sorry person today, aren't you?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 02:53:27 pm »

This Attorney was to be brought in to combat the legal suits spinning off the crooked police, correct?

Since moving here three years ago I have watched the City Council and the Mayors office fight like cats and dogs. I have been in complete awe at how they treat each other and how this community puts up with it. I hope someone puts a boot in someones arse and sets this leadership on the correct path.. Not a Right or Left path, just on a path of grown-ups!
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 03:31:22 pm »

+1
They've been acting like it's basketball.  A bunch to thugs who run around with their chests puffed out, but fall down and cry like babies when someone touches them.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org