A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:27:18 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Snowpocalypse 2012  (Read 10479 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2012, 04:35:47 pm »

I'm sure Sauer still uses the Farmer's Almanac to do all his 'forecasting'....

Anyone hear what the models look like for the precip on Monday yet?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2012, 10:28:31 am »

What's the weather supposed to be like on Tuesday? I may take part in the "Polar Bear Plunge". It's a bruital event and a first for me. A two mile run and jumping into ice cold water. The big burrr. http://taturspolarbearplunge.eventbrite.com/#

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:58 am »

You're confusing weather and climate.  
No I am not, It's not me--  I am just going by what the global warming crowd says. One hot summer week means global warming is happening and is a fact as they claim!  Anyhow, the global warming crowd says the computer models show that in -whatever number of years 20, 40 or 50 the seas will be 20' higher the polar ice will be gone, Santa's work shop will be under water. The same computer models that can't tell where a storm system will go in 2 days. Heck the computers can't even get a long range weather report correct for a week or two ahead it's mostly just guess work. For the record I do not believe in global waming IMO it's a hoax.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2012, 10:48:48 am »

No I am not, It's not me--  I am just going by what the global warming crowd says. One hot summer week means global warming is happening and is a fact as they claim!  Anyhow, the global warming crowd says the computer models show that in -whatever number of years 20, 40 or 50 the seas will be 20' higher the polar ice will be gone, Santa's work shop will be under water. The same computer models that can't tell where a storm system will go in 2 days. Heck the computers can't even get a long range weather report correct for a week or two ahead it's mostly just guess work. For the record I do not believe in global waming IMO it's a hoax.

You sound like a broken record.

Oh, and a kook.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 11:31:45 am »

For the record I do not believe in global waming IMO it's a hoax.

It doesn't matter whether you believe in it or not. The ocean and soil temperatures are increasing.

You may agree or disagree that human's activities are causing it. But you can't deny it exists.

Power is nothing till you use it.
ZYX
Philanthropist

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 12:06:31 pm »

Actually, they're very different computer models, as the ones we use to predict the weather don't go out more than a couple weeks at most. Besides, I believe a lot of the future predictions come from a collection of observations and data, not just computer models alone.

I believe in global climate change. I'm unsure as to how much human activity has to do with it, mainly because I am not educated enough on the subject to form an opinion. You need to wake yourself up, learn some facts, and educate yourself before you start spewing these ideas.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 04:01:28 pm »

My geology professor taught us that the Earth has normally been much warmer than it is at present.  We may be at the end of an ice age or merely in a brief warming trend between ice ages.  There's no way to know with certainty. 

But as Michael pointed out, soil and ocean temperatures are rising.  That's an incontrovertible fact, not a belief. 

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
TurismoDreamin
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 08:27:07 pm »

Saw this earlier today. I guess all that ice on Greenland isn't going anywhere at -78F!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org