A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 11:44:56 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like my phone to have multiple phone #s  (Read 3427 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« on: July 03, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »

Ok,  I have the shop, the museum, and my personal phone#.  Would like it so that each one can go to my cell phone and when I look at the phone as it's ringing it tells me which number it is too.  This way I could answer  "DECOPOLIS, may I help you?" or "Tulsa Art Deco Museum" or simply "Hello" if its my personal #.  Would like it so that say the number goes to the shop and to my cell phone at the same time and if someone is at the shop during open hours I can just ignore it and the employees at the shop can pick it up, or if it's a day when we are closed but I still need to get a phone call I can.  And or say if I am out of town and the shop is closed I can still get the calls. The museum also has it's own cell phone and # but the current volunteers haven't' been the best at keeping track of it and are not at the gift shop/visitor center that much so instead of me carrying 2 phones around would again like the # to go to both the museums cell phone and mine, and have a way to tell that the person is calling the museum so I can answer appropriately.

Lots of different services out there that might seem to work.  Any of you ever used one and or know of a good one to use?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »

I know at&t can do that with landlines, maybe you could have such a landline automatically forwarded to your cell number.
I dont know what the CID would show, though.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 10:03:03 pm »

https://www.google.com/voice

You can set up a free number, (one per gmail account) then have it forward to multiple numbers.

Note: It only lets you forward a single phone number to a "cell phone" so if you are going to create multiple numbers like you suggest, just tell it that your cell phone is a land line.
Ben
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 02:03:41 pm »

I use and like voice, but, right now might not be the best time to start using it: http://9to5google.com/2014/03/18/google-plans-kill-google-voice-in-months-integrate-features-into-hangouts/

It really depends on how true this is, and how the integration really works. I guess its just a case of being aware that the product you are evaluating is probably going to change soon. No matter what it is fairly clear that GV is not a system google is investing in, it has not been updated in a long time.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:15:07 pm »

Once upon a time I used call forwarding so I didn't have to carry around both my work and personal phones
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org