A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:31:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: leon's sports bar,,,  (Read 41255 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2016, 08:16:07 am »

When I read about the potential move to Mounds I had just come back from Vermont and I got the feeling that they the facility would be something like the rural farm breweries they have in that state.  Would have been pretty cool, though I too would worry about having to find a designated driver.  The in town brew pub was also a rumor at that time so I thought they could fill growlers at the brew pub and offer bus tours from Tulsa to the farm brewery.  

Who knows what's next for those guys.  There now are tons of craft breweries and they've manged to find a niche.  They are popular nationally and known internationally.  The Prairie brewpub sign in the Brady District is really cool and will probably make a bunch of beer magazines in the coming months.

I agree the sign is awesome. Looks great from Cain's! It is great Prairie became so renown so quickly! Tulsa should easily be able to support 10+ breweries (much smaller cities in the region have more than that). It is good breweries like Marshall, Renaissance and Prairie are paving the way to make it easier for future breweries to start up. Eric Marshall was key in getting the laws changes so tastings were allowed. Renaissance helped establish City of Tulsa building codes for breweries. Prairie has become a "destination" brewery for the state. They've all been a part of getting the laws updated so they can sell their own product.

I am glad the GKFF offered Prairie a spot in the Ford Building and really glad they took up such a challenge! Looking forward to it!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org