A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:24:01 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Ok when WE do it...  (Read 2293 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: June 26, 2007, 11:35:09 am »

It's either "terrorism" or "protecting you from terrorism" -- what a world, what a world...

" WASHINGTON - The Pentagon is considering using lasers to warn pilots they've flown into restricted airspace, an unusual choice because the government also says terrorists might use the beams of light to blind pilots as they approach airports.

NORAD tried the ground-based laser signals on a test plane flying into Washington's Reagan National Airport last Friday. The low-intensity lights are safe for the eyes, the command said in a statement. "

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/2/15/225616.shtml

Balance that with our latest victory in the "war on terror":

" (TULSA, Okla.) This morning, the Federal Aviation Administration is investigating why a man pointed a laser at a police chopper overnight. "
Now, that man is behind bars facing federal charges.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=843f0a1f-86b9-477c-b2ac-e0a412a0aa2e

More food for thought:
The average green laser pointer is between 1-5 millionths of a Watt, while the LIDAR laser police aim directly at the face of moving vehicles is a full 25 Watts.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 11:45:46 am »

Let me be the first to say that if they outlaw laser pointers, only outlaws will have laser pointers.

Seriously, what was the crime?  If I was carrying laser pointer, I'd probably point it at a low flying object as well.   Pew Pew.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 10:00:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by BKDotCom

Seriously, what was the crime?  If I was carrying laser pointer, I'd probably point it at a low flying object as well.

The Whirled reported it as pointing a "weapon" at a police officer.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org