A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 06:41:48 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Executive Mall - Hispanic Business  (Read 1879 times)
MichaelC
« on: June 19, 2007, 12:37:38 pm »

From Hispanic Business

quote:
In May 2004, businessman Antonio Perez purchased the Executive Mall at the intersection of 21st Street and Garnett Road from P&H Investments. Since that time, the number of Hispanic-owned businesses has increased to nine at the shopping center, which has 18 tenants.

Tulsa resident Santos Santiago said he prefers shopping for groceries at Hispanic markets rather than at larger, nationally known grocers.

"They have more of the food that I like, and it's cheaper," he said.

With two retail spaces left in the center, Perez expects a restaurant and another establishment that sells herbs and natural products to open.

The herb store will open sometime next month, Perez said.

Las Americas, an 8,000-square-foot grocery store known for its meats, opened last month. The store is the third to open in the mall in the past 15 months.

"It's a good thing that Hispanics in Tulsa are becoming entrepreneurs," said Francisco Trevino, executive director for the Greater Tulsa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

The opportunity exists for more business, and it's good for the economy, he said.

The mall has groceries and other foods such as natural juices, ice creams bars and tamales that Hispanic residents are used to seeing in Mexico, Perez said. He said location was a factor in purchasing the mall.

"This area has many Hispanics, and I want the mall to turn into a one-stop center," he said.

Two other predominately Hispanic shopping centers are also in the area.

Tulsan Alfredo Velasco said he may eat Arby's three times a week, but the other four times, it's all about Mexican-style food. "Having the (Executive Mall) shopping center is big for Hispanics because it caters to their needs," he said.

Perez said he isn't close to settling down on the business front and hopes to open another four Hispanic grocery stores throughout Tulsa.

"Everyone has a specialty product they want to buy, and if consumers and shoppers can't find what they need inside the mall, then it's not available," Perez said.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:32:33 pm »

I love the real stuff.  I'm excited to check it out.  Thanks for the information MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org