A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 03:57:37 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Mod's ?  (Read 2784 times)
Porky
« on: July 07, 2007, 08:58:06 pm »

Not to get into anyones business but after seeing the Admin of this forum asking for new Mod's, has me
scratching my head a bit.

For starters, the Mods that are here do an awesome job. One can only wonder how much support they get after seeing such a post from an Admin who is seldom here?

Just curious what the intention of this forums Admin actually is? Then again......who is our Admin?

Whoever the current mods may be, I would just like to thank you for a job well done and you have my support all the way.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 09:05:00 pm »

I have it under good advisement that the Admin is really Dick Cheney.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 09:20:23 pm »

I don't post often, doesn't mean I'm here that often. It isn't just the "moderators" who do the moderating...

Moderators come and go on this forum all the time. Up until recently, new members of the staff were brought in through an invitation-only basis. That yielded a lot of good and talented people, but often those people had "jobs" and "lives." That left little time for removing curse words and standing watch for our friends from nigeria. We decided to switch it around a little and see who had the time and interest first.
Porky
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 09:20:32 pm »

quote:
That's right! (sort of)

TulsaNow is looking for an individual or individuals from any walk of life, political party, etc. to join the moderation staff. We're looking for people who have the time and interest to dedicate to moderating. (And don't mind not getting paid for it)

Most moderation is simple (deleting cuss words and spammers) and the more complicated issues are generally discussed by the staff in effort to make the most fair decisions possible.

Requirements:

* Able to log in to the forum (and be willing to moderate) 4 days a week or more
    * Able to make decisions based on forum rules and purpose, not personal views
    * Not afraid of the political forums
    * Want to help the forum further Tulsa, and TulsaNow's goals
    * Believe yourself to be technically able to do the task

If interested, please send a PM to admin.

Porky
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 09:23:12 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

I don't post often, doesn't mean I'm here that often. It isn't just the "moderators" who do the moderating...

Moderators come and go on this forum all the time. Up until recently, new members of the staff were brought in through an invitation-only basis. That yielded a lot of good and talented people, but often those people had "jobs" and "lives." That left little time for removing curse words and standing watch for our friends from nigeria. We decided to switch it around a little and see who had the time and interest first.

.......you can't be serious?  
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 02:19:45 pm »

Hopefully admin isn't Dick Cheney..

I spend a lot of time on forums (as you might guess) and every forum seems to do it differently.  I've been on forums with as many mods as regular users but that just makes it seem like those who aren't mods are second class.

I don't know, I haven't had any major complaints in all the time I've been here.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 02:57:33 pm »

Paul Tay is looking for work....hmmmmmm.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org