A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 05:19:33 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adkins Collection at Philbrook Downtown  (Read 1828 times)
Hometown
« on: July 17, 2007, 12:05:43 pm »

The recent announcement by Philbrook and OU of their joint acquisition of the Eugene Adkins Collection is especially promising for Tulsa because Philbrook will house the collection in downtown Tulsa’s Brady District.

I’m not necessarily a fan of Southwestern Art but I’m excited about this development because of Philbrook’s stamp of approval for the Brady District.  Their presence in the Brady District will lift up the whole neighborhood simply by their association.

It will bring newcomers to the neighborhood that would have never considered a trip there.  It will bolster the standing of other Brady District arts organizations simply by their proximity to a Philbrook operation.

It may also serve as a catalyst for other arts organizations to locate there.

So, let’s see, a day in the life of an art lover:  Pick up a box of chocolates at Kokoa Chocolatier’s downtown shop on Boston, meet a friend for lunch at Lola’s at the Bowery, Check out the exhibition at Philbrook in the Brady then a little downtown gallery hopping.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:29:46 pm »

Don't forget they can look at some Architecture while downtown and go to the Center of the Universe.

The Brady has really been picking up steam in the last few years.  Good news keeps rolling in.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org