A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 05:21:41 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tulsa Restaurant Heath Inspection Ratings  (Read 3393 times)
Rowdy
« on: July 18, 2007, 11:44:00 am »

I don't know if this has been posted before. I did a search under restaurant(s) and found nothing.

It's quite handy to look at this before heading out to your favorite eatery...

http://www.tulsa-health.org/food-safety/restaurant-inspections/
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:30:12 pm »

Thanks for the information.  I'm shocked how many of my haunts passed...some had high critical though.  No more buffets without alot of thought I guess.
Rowdy
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:38:22 pm »

There's one downtown that I am not surprised about that has had recent problems.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 01:21:21 pm »

yikes...might wanna skip Tacos San Pedro for a while.

whoa nelly
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 01:34:52 pm »

lol, some of my favorite restaurants have repeating issues... I had to stop reading.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Rowdy
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 04:54:52 pm »

I wish I could read the complaints.  This website is pretty handy.  Thanks Gore!
Steve
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:06:33 pm »

These restaurant inspection reports are informative and the inspection process vitally serves the public interest, to keep food service "on their toes" for cleanliness.  Read the reports and make your own judgements.

I think it is important to also note that there has not been one single confirmed case of illness caused by eating in a Tulsa restaurant in the past 5+ years or more.  I would hate to think of the results if the Health Department also inspected our own home kitchens!  I am confident that my own would pass with flying colors, but I would bet that the majority of Tulsa homes' kitchens would not pass Health Departments standards without at least 1 violation!  
Rowdy
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 07:17:52 pm »

Yeah I would blow that hair restraint violation all the time.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:04:29 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

These restaurant inspection reports are informative and the inspection process vitally serves the public interest, to keep food service "on their toes" for cleanliness.  Read the reports and make your own judgements.

I think it is important to also note that there has not been one single confirmed case of illness caused by eating in a Tulsa restaurant in the past 5+ years or more.  I would hate to think of the results if the Health Department also inspected our own home kitchens!  I am confident that my own would pass with flying colors, but I would bet that the majority of Tulsa homes' kitchens would not pass Health Departments standards without at least 1 violation!  

There were a whole lot of people, my wife and her family included, who got food poisoning from an Outback Steakhouse here just over 2 years ago.

Kept hush hush.....but there were a LOT, 25+, of people who got sick.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 09:26:50 am »

We went to the new Church's in BA last night, and my daughter went to the restroom and came out gagging. She said that the bathroom was full of roaches. $14.10 down the drain - we couldn't eat the food we had bought for take-out. (We had already received our order and went to the car when she "remembered" she had to use the restroom.)

They're new - so not on the list - but it really sucks!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 09:52:39 am »

I'm hesitant to read the list, because I'd have a hard time keeping my yapper shut and my nurse/food snob wife wouldn't ever want to eat out again. [Sad]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Trams
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2007, 03:25:07 pm »

Some of the old Braum's stories around the city seem very dirty.  And the service is always sketchy.  

Perhaps there's a correlation.
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 07:41:58 am »

In California, at least in SF, all restaurants are given a grade (A-F)and have to post it in the front window.  I wonder how that would go over here?  [}:)]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org