News:

Long overdue maintenance happening. See post in the top forum.

Main Menu

Advertising, part Deux....

Started by mr.jaynes, October 09, 2007, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr.jaynes

In a previous discussion, I'd raised the possibility of myself looking into entering the advertising field when I return to Tulsa (I'm working on it!), and at least one of you has said that you were indeed involved with this field. Thanks for the great responses.

With this in mind, the role of makeup artist and hairstylist is a vital part of the creative process in advertising-something I have experience with! Do the advertising agencies in Tulsa hire their own, or are the local artists free-lance, or is there an agency that sends makeup artists to the various ad agencies?  

Any help from anyone here would be greatly appreciated and all responses are welcome!

Conan71

Okay, this is deja-vu all over again.  I swear I replied to this.

I think you will find that ad agencies will employ modeling agencies who will employ MU artists.

Depending on the size of the ad agency, they might not have in-house production which means they might turn a project over to a photographer or production company who would then employ the modeling agency.

IOW- at least in Tulsa, I don't think there are any hair stylists or make up artists on direct ad agency payrolls.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan

mr.jaynes

So, find a Tulsa modelling agency, get on as a makeup artist with them, and from there, I could get my foot in the door? If so, that's one thing I could work on.

Conan71

quote:
Originally posted by mr.jaynes

So, find a Tulsa modelling agency, get on as a makeup artist with them, and from there, I could get my foot in the door? If so, that's one thing I could work on.

That's what I'd do if I were you.  I'm not sure how steady the work is at modelling agencies, might just be a free-lance gig.
"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first" -Ronald Reagan