A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 04:27:31 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Verizon v. AT&T v. Sprint v. US Cellular  (Read 12791 times)
Rico
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2007, 06:07:44 am »

I think they meed to put up a lot more of those gorgeous cell towers....

Plant at least one along every major arterial in Tulsa..

That way when they convert to "Satellite Phones" they can take 25 years to take them down...
[}:)]
tim huntzinger
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2007, 07:42:30 am »

Cingular-cum-at&t could always move its call centers to Texas, I suppose.  at&t customers may get to talk to Lubbockians, but the presence of so many at&t workers has helped educate Tulsans about the products and helped market penetration.

Sure, Rico, whenever the customer wants to customer wants to sling an EMF monster satphone, the wireless cos. will have useless towers.
AMP
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007, 10:25:55 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by USRufnex

AMP--- "Majority of the folks working in the local offices for the cell services don't do much traveling outside of their local village."

LOL.  If you're happy with your Cricket service, fine.

I have only purchased two phones since I have been with Cricket. My Nokia works fine today, however I had to upgrade to a newer phone for the Travel Time feature to work outside of the Home area.  It cost me $99.00 one time charge and I have had it for 2 years now.  Still works like it did the day I bought it.

Of course I only use my cell phone for voice use. I don't want or need internet, text messages, games, fancy ring tones, lights, color, or any bells and whistles.  

All I want is very simple:

1. A very loud and vibrating signal when I have an incoming call. Don't need no fancy song playing or some stupid voice recording.

2. A tough and tightly sealed case for dirty and rough use around dusty environments.  One you can drop over and over again and it still works, like the old Black Heavy Duty NOKIA did for years.

3. A battery that will last for up to 6 hours and around 3 hours talk time.  I carry three spare charged batteries with me most times.  

4. Storage for 500 Names and Numbers

5. Buttons and Display large enough to operate and see.  Don't want any fancy flip phone, just a plain unit that the keys and display are always there, no cheap China hinge and internal cable to break.  The older NOKIA worked just fine for the majority of us.  They need to upgrade the software/chip in that style of phone, offer it for $40 and bring it back.

6. A charger that can charge the Battery for the Cell Phone without it being in the phone. NOKIA sold chargers that would charge your phone and a spare battery or just your phone or the spare battery all the same time or separate. Best deal for a cell phone ever made.  Those car chargers never work properly, and having to switch batteries in and out of you handset just to charge the thing has to be the worst move the Cell Phone manufactures have made in the past decade.

Most people that have limited minutes on their plan have no clue of battery talk time limits.  With Cricket I can talk 24/7 non-stop for the same monthly fee.  So battery life is critical at most times.  

I am more than happy with the service from Cricket, they are by far the best I have had compared to SWB, US Cellular, and Sprint.  I have local stores I can go to all over Tulsa, they are all on the network and can activate features in an instant in real time.  I recall the old Ma Bell land phones that took up to two weeks to change a simple feature. LOL  Same Central Office where the Dial Tone lives for the Cell Phones.  Similar to a Business Listing type of rip off.  

Ma Bell and the alternative phone dial tone providers charge more for a business phone line than a residential and they both run on the same twisted pair and cable to the CO.  But, because they can, it costs more. LOL

SWB was always playing tricks with the phone book listings for companies that switched off their network. Best one was upon provisioning the customer, the phone directory listing would suddenly list each and every phone number at that address, and not indicate the main line.  Customer did not notice the problem until up to 12 months after switching service.

New lines would only be activated at the junction box on the customers building, another tech was required to plug in the connection for the inside lines.  If a line went down, which they did often on businesses that had been long term with Ma Bell, it typically 90% of the time would be their Credit Card line. LOL  

Radio
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 07:36:22 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

I think they meed to put up a lot more of those gorgeous cell towers....

Plant at least one along every major arterial in Tulsa..

That way when they convert to "Satellite Phones" they can take 25 years to take them down...
[}:)]

Those towers are pretty durn sexy....

Amd sat phones?  Great concept until you get too many users because of not enough bandwidth, or you go inside.

I have had USCC for 12 or more years.  Had a variety before that, and before that had IMTS
service.

USCC has been very good for me, I travel from Maine to Colorado fairly often, and have compared service to that on my Cingular phone, and USCC is much better.  (That is largely thanks to their roaming partners in many areas, but with nationwide service, I don't really care who is providing service)

Customer service is good, but I have at least 12 phones through them, so they might be nicer to us then someone with 1 line.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org