A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 07, 2024, 02:34:33 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oktoberfest Attendance  (Read 2742 times)
wenwilwa
« on: October 21, 2007, 12:53:26 pm »

Has anyone heard how attendance at Oktoberfest 2007 compared to other years?

Just wondering if the tent collapse might have affected overall numbers or, alternatively, if low turnout at the state fair might have meant improved turnout at Oktoberfest.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 07:25:58 pm »

I was there last night....if not for my wife I probably would have woken up there this morning.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:11:40 am »

I was there too, attendance seemed just fine to me.  I ended up hanging out with people from Ireland, Scottland, OKC, Des Moines, Hollywood, Portland... all over.  Here in Tulsa for Oktoberfest!

Lost that event.  Even if I have yet to fully recover.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 01:00:02 pm »

I rode the bus from the Education Services Center on Saturday, but was only able to spend about an hour and a half roaming Oktoberfest due to dinner reservations. I enjoyed it.  My only snarky comments were about having to use a giant sheet of paper to buy a single beer.  Oh, and our bus driver went the wrong way and we got stuck in traffic and had to walk the rest of the way LOL. BTW - if you haven't eaten at the Price Tower in Bartlesville, you are missing out!

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 04:26:21 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by cannon_fodder

I was there too, attendance seemed just fine to me.  I ended up hanging out with people from Ireland, Scottland, OKC, Des Moines, Hollywood, Portland... all over.  Here in Tulsa for Oktoberfest!

Lost that event.  Even if I have yet to fully recover.

Our Octoberfest is always world class, even in the face of adversity due to extreme Oklahoma weather.

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
waterboy
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 06:57:01 pm »

Why has there been little or no reporting on the status of the injuries from the tent? Seems like everyone is afraid we'll lose this festival but it looks like they were negligent in not vacating the tent or suspending the opening night activities.

I learned that at least one of the injuries was a severed spinal cord. Not worthy of discussion? How callous are we?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org