A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 06:18:38 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Examiner's office closing Tulsa branch  (Read 1828 times)
tim huntzinger
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:37:31 am »

T.WORLD

Do Tulsans' elected officials suck so bad that they are unable to influence the decision to relocate the ME positions to OKC?  This will increase the costs of autopsies, testifying, funerals, and confirms Tulsans' position as second-tier Sooners in the eyes of their fellow Okies.

One commenter at the T.World site put it best: 'Aint exactly CSI here in Oklahoma is it.'

Sure is not.
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:26:51 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

T.WORLD

Do Tulsans' elected officials suck so bad that they are unable to influence the decision to relocate the ME positions to OKC?  This will increase the costs of autopsies, testifying, funerals, and confirms Tulsans' position as second-tier Sooners in the eyes of their fellow Okies.

One commenter at the T.World site put it best: 'Aint exactly CSI here in Oklahoma is it.'

Sure is not.

Yeah, I read that article and thought, SECOND CITY! Kind of the way we think of Bartlesville or Claremore. But I guess we should be happy they didn't decide to contract it out to China and do it by internet.

The director says its not a done deal and if someone makes a good enough argument he could be dissuaded. Someone step up to the plate please.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 10:49:56 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:

T.WORLD

Sure is not.

Yeah, I read that article and thought, SECOND CITY! Kind of the way we think of Bartlesville or Claremore. But I guess we should be happy they didn't decide to contract it out to China and do it by internet.

The director says its not a done deal and if someone makes a good enough argument he could be dissuaded. Someone step up to the plate please.

Just another in a long list of examples of this state being run solely for the benefit of Oklahoma City.

TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:23:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

quote:

T.WORLD

Sure is not.

Just another in a long list of examples of this state being run solely for the benefit of Oklahoma City.

you said it best.  I'm not a genius or anything, but there are some obvious cons to this:

1. Driving time
2. Gas
3. Time for families, funeral directors, etc
4. Investigations.

One would think those alone would be plenty to keep it here.  Does anyone know of another city roughly the same size as Tulsa that doesnt have an ME's office??

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org