A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:28:41 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shady local Verizon Wireless "sales rep"  (Read 1374 times)
Ibanez
City Father

« on: February 04, 2008, 12:33:38 pm »

For the second time in less than a month I have been called by a guy named T.J. Perez that runs a local Verizon kiosk. He won't tell me which kiosk, but that is beside the point. He is calling trying to get me to upgrade my services after "reviewing my account."

I have never dealt with anyone with Verizon other than at the corporate level. Never been in any of their stores here, never called any of their stores here. NOTHING.

After his call today, which came less than 2 weeks after his last call during which I told him not to contact me, I called Verizon corporate and let them know about his practices. I told them I have no idea who he is, why he is looking at my account information in the first place and that if he does it again I will be canceling my service with Verizon because I do not appreciate some local jackass just looking at my account because he feels like it. I told them I could understand that happening at corporate, but someone whom I have never dealt with should not be calling me.

The person I spoke with was actually shocked this was happening and told me that unless I had been into his store, or kiosk in this case, called him for something or otherwise had prior personal communication with him that he should not be looking at my account or calling me. The CSR I spoke to transferred me to her manager and had me tell him what was going on. They took Mr. Perez's phone number and said they would contact him ASAP.

Just an FYI for anyone else out there that has Verizon Wireless. Guy seems like a scammer to me.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:44:18 pm »

I am generally leary of anyone with initials for a first name or who sells any product worth over $5 in a kiosk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org