A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 09:28:25 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Carolina Primary  (Read 7581 times)
USRufnex
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2008, 06:44:19 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by RecycleMichael

Obama sure did well in South Carolina tonight.

I predicted Edwards would get just under 20% and he got 18%. I thought Obama would win easily, but was a little surprised that he got 55%.

Almost every black person in South Carolina is a democrat and I think Obama has energized them to vote like never before. I think that bodes well for democratic candidates in the state in 2008, even if Obama isn't on the national ticket. Twice as many democrats voted tonight than voted in the election four years ago.

"a little surprised" Huh -- yeah, kinda like "a little bit pregnant."

Clinton's people would have proclaimed any win by Obama of under 10% to be a victory... for Hillary.  Obama's people would have considered double-digits a huge win.  Obama won by 28%, more than doubling Hillary's vote totals...

Slick Willie tried to play the race card, and lost.  Hillary tried to compare Obama to MLK in that King needed LBJ to get his agenda passed... then Bill compares Obama to Jesse Jackson...

Bill's really screwed up; after he did that, it pi$$ed off the black vote and also motivated more whites to vote for Obama.  Polls the week before the primary indated Obama only had 10% of white voters; after Bill Clinton played the Jesse Jackson=Barack Obama card?  Obama gets 24% of the white vote.

Excellent speech in winning.  And pointing out the divisive politics of the Clintons.

Bill Clinton is destined to become Hillary's Karl Rove... he just can't help himself.
FOTD
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 12:29:55 am »

quote:

Way to step up.

Doesn't  look good. But Obama's standing among whites in the southern state had plunged 10 percent in just one week, despite his efforts to portray himself not simply as an African-American candidate, but as someone with cross-racial appeal. A Wall Street Journal/ NBC poll also had troubling signs for Obama, showing Clinton now leads the Democratic race nationally among white Americans 53 percent to 24 percent, compared to a 40-23 percent margin last month. The Clintons shamefully positioned Obama as a "Black Candidate" to appeal subtly to race-based voting, and apparently they have shamelessly succeeded.

Obama will not hit back that "she's" an old nag.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 10:41:21 am »

Nor did he snipe back "oh, you want to talk about dirty campaign money?"

Or how about when she pointed out that Obama billed 5 hours to some slum lord as an associate (read: get cases assigned to him) - and Obama did not reply "Was that while you were a corporate attorney on the board of directors of Wal-mart?"

Or as she continues to point out his "lack of experience" he could as easily point out that he has held elected office longer than her. (she proclaims "35 years of experience" which takes her all the way back to law school).

People who were wary of Hillary now overtly hate her.  I know of no converts to the Hillary wagon.  Her entire platform is "I'm married to Bill" (literally, she has next to no real policy) and that may be enough to get her to the nomination, but it's probably not enough to make the final grade.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 11:25:22 am »

I was speaking about the gender issue....not debate points already made.
spoonbill
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 12:59:27 pm »

I love it!  I love it!  I love it!  I love it!  I love it!  I love it!
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 01:21:24 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by FOTD

quote:

Way to step up.

Doesn't  look good. But Obama's standing among whites in the southern state had plunged 10 percent in just one week, despite his efforts to portray himself not simply as an African-American candidate, but as someone with cross-racial appeal. A Wall Street Journal/ NBC poll also had troubling signs for Obama, showing Clinton now leads the Democratic race nationally among white Americans 53 percent to 24 percent, compared to a 40-23 percent margin last month. The Clintons shamefully positioned Obama as a "Black Candidate" to appeal subtly to race-based voting, and apparently they have shamelessly succeeded.

Obama will not hit back that "she's" an old nag.

Wow. Great insight. So, they basically took the race-risk, gave up SC, because a racial polarization would work to their advantage on Super Tuesday.

Makes me feel really crappy inside. Ain't politics wonderful? Manipulating people based on fear and bigotry. Inspiring people to hate. And this is the Democratic Party. The Clintons. The black man's friend. The poor man's friend.

How can people continue to support this kind of thing? If she wins the nomination and the presidency, we have a lot to look forward to. Or maybe backward to.

I know all politics is nasty politics - but dayum!

Tell me it ain't so.
FOTD
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 01:28:27 pm »

YOU GOT IT!

Even Ted Kennedy can't stomach it!

Billary is bad....and the repugs know even if they have a far more inferior candidate, they can beat her. They can't Obama which is why you are starting to see some swift boating aimed at him.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org