A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 04:29:25 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hopefully 1804 Kept this Guy Away  (Read 7173 times)
perspicuity85
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 06:06:33 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by mdunn

quote:
Originally posted by perspicuity85

quote:
Originally posted by guido911

quote:

What does pedophilia have to do with immigration?

Are you trying to say that HB 1804 somehow keeps pedophiles away?  Or, are you implying that illegal immigrants are likely to be pedophiles?

You know exactly what I am trying to say Geraldo.

Actually, I'm just letting you know that when you decide to puke up a bunch of prejudiced bull**** on this board, I will be there to call you out.

If you want to make an argument concerning immigration reform, try something legit, such as:

Illegal immigrants cannot be refused service at emergency rooms, thus driving the cost of health care in the United States.

or,

Illegal immigrants' children go to public schools, yet often their parents don't pay property taxes. (of course this argument discounts the reality that many legal citizens in underpriviledged neighborhoods don't pay taxes either).

Just give me your research supporting the relationship in human behavior between illegally entering a country and sexually abusing children, and I'll shut up.

Its people like you,That have allowed this country to turn into the immigrant haven it is.OOOOHHHHHHH poor poor Mexican folk,Ohhhhhhh poor poor Vietnamese!First to stand up for them,but I would be willing to bet ya wouldnt be seen next to one!

It's people like YOU that perpetuate racism in this country.  My point all along has been that this entire thread has absolutely nothing to do with immigration.  This story about pedophilia only matters to people like you because the act was committed by an illegal.  If you think pedophilia is somehow related to illegal immigration, then you are an ignorant person.

It's people like YOU that debilitate your own cause.  Illegal immigration is a problem in this country, but it will never be solved as long as rednecks in Oklahoma associate illegal immigration with pedophilia, murder, polygamy, take your pick!

If people like YOU would stick to the issue of immigration, instead of puking up your racist ideology, then perhaps immigration reform would get off the ground.
Derailed
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 07:54:17 pm »

I believe the Tulsa County Sheriff's office has removed over 1,000 illegal criminals from the streets of Tulsa since HB 1804 has gone into effect.  

Who know maybe perspicuity85 might have been saved from being mugged or robbed or worse by one of these ILLEGAL criminals but we will never,  know will we?

Your argument about sticking to immigration is stupid.  Immigration is the legal process of a foreign national entering our country.  That's not the problem.  Furthermore, is it just me or does this person have an attitude?  

It is a legitmate concern of most Americans that illegals are entering our country unchecked.

Thank God for the Tulsa County Sheriff and his law enforcement officers.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 09:15:16 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by we vs us

quote:

mexicans will do anybody,regardless of age or weight or looks,they dont care!

^^^^^ Is my sarcasm meter off?  That's what that was, right?  Sarcasm?

Nope,Thats called open your eyes and quit hiding behind the scenes like everyone elsecasm!

^^^^^So wait.  THAT one was DEFINITELY sarcasm, right?  

Elsecasm! Priceless!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:19:34 pm by we vs us » Logged
mdunn
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 09:31:29 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Are you trying to say that HB 1804 somehow keeps pedophiles away?  Or, are you implying that illegal immigrants are likely to be pedophiles?

You know exactly what I am trying to say Geraldo.

Actually, I'm just letting you know that when you decide to puke up a bunch of prejudiced bull**** on this board, I will be there to call you out.

If you want to make an argument concerning immigration reform, try something legit, such as:

Illegal immigrants cannot be refused service at emergency rooms, thus driving the cost of health care in the United States.

or,

Illegal immigrants' children go to public schools, yet often their parents don't pay property taxes. (of course this argument discounts the reality that many legal citizens in underpriviledged neighborhoods don't pay taxes either).

Just give me your research supporting the relationship in human behavior between illegally entering a country and sexually abusing children, and I'll shut up.

Its people like you,That have allowed this country to turn into the immigrant haven it is.OOOOHHHHHHH poor poor Mexican folk,Ohhhhhhh poor poor Vietnamese!First to stand up for them,but I would be willing to bet ya wouldnt be seen next to one!

It's people like YOU that perpetuate racism in this country.  My point all along has been that this entire thread has absolutely nothing to do with immigration.  This story about pedophilia only matters to people like you because the act was committed by an illegal.  If you think pedophilia is somehow related to illegal immigration, then you are an ignorant person.

It's people like YOU that debilitate your own cause.  Illegal immigration is a problem in this country, but it will never be solved as long as rednecks in Oklahoma associate illegal immigration with pedophilia, murder, polygamy, take your pick!

If people like YOU would stick to the issue of immigration, instead of puking up your racist ideology, then perhaps immigration reform would get off the ground.

I simply state this...we have enough problems with our own people,we dont need extra problems from illegals.How many are you hiding in your home?!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 09:33:03 pm by mdunn » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 12:17:52 pm »

Yeah MDUNN, Listen to Geraldo. We will never solve the problem this country faces with illegal immigration by pointing out the crime, pain, and suffering it inflicts on everyday, innocent American citizens.
We can solve the problem with illegal immigration, however, by calling those who do not want to be victims of crimes perpetrated by illegal immigrants Racists and Rednecks.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
perspicuity85
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 12:48:04 pm »

quote:

Yeah MDUNN, Listen to Geraldo. We will never solve the problem this country faces with illegal immigration by pointing out the crime, pain, and suffering it inflicts on everyday, innocent American citizens.
We can solve the problem with illegal immigration, however, by calling those who do not want to be victims of crimes perpetrated by illegal immigrants Racists and Rednecks.

Spare me from your pathos appeal.  You don't know how to argue or debate.  Stick to the facts.  Your viewpoints do more to cripple immigration reform than assist it.  In the 1960s, people justified segregation by pointing out individual criminal acts committed by African Americans.  Your arguments are no different.  I'm not going to waste any more time on you-- I don't have time to play Major League baseball with a little leaguer!
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 03:42:43 pm »

I wonder if the guy who stabbed the guy he cut off on I-244 was illegal.  It would surprise me if he wasn't.  Regardless, I hope they catch him and throw the book at him (life in prison rather than the death penalty, because dead men don't feel pain.)  I believe in harsh punishments for those who commit heinous crimes.

This is extremely politically incorrect, but I don't care because I've always thought the PC movement was the first step towards thoughtcrime, but here goes: Those who illegally cross the border into the US are likely the lowest of the low in Mexico (that kinda rhymes!)  The higher class Mexican citizen tends to stay in Mexico and work in Mexico.  Only those who are too lazy to get a Mexican job and too immoral to do so cross the border.  It's a short cut.  Now this is only a theory, but it is certainly a plausible one.  This is why crime is so high among illegals, they're in the country legally, why not break other laws?
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 03:52:28 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by bugo

Only those who are too lazy to get a Mexican job and too immoral to do so cross the border.  It's a short cut.  Now this is only a theory, but it is certainly a plausible one.  This is why crime is so high among illegals, they're in the country legally, why not break other laws?

You obviously never lived in Northwest Arkansas. (or if you did, you never made it out of Fayetteville)

Other than the drug running contingent who would occasionally fight amongst themselves, the Mexicans (illegal or not) were by and large very hard workers and not prone to criminal activity beyond what's common for legal residents..that is drunk driving and domestic violence. Both of which are incredibly common across all kinds in this country.

If anything, not being here legally makes you less likely to commit a crime, unless you're looking to be deported. You've got a lot more to lose than your legally resident neighbor.

This, like many other issues facing our country is only seen as a big deal because certain factions of the media and politicians want to use it to whip people into a frenzy so as to get money (in the case of the media) or votes (in the case of politicians). It seems to have worked quite well, sadly. It also serves as a great distraction for the real problems facing our country that nobody feels like dealing with. If they get you riled up about immigration, terrorism, or whatever other threat du jour, you're not going to be so concerned about how you're getting screwed and how the treasury is being looted.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
bugo
Civic Leader

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 04:07:54 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by nathanm
You obviously never lived in Northwest Arkansas. (or if you did, you never made it out of Fayetteville)

Never lived there, been there many times.  Actually most of the illegals are in Rogers and Springdale as opposed to Fayetteville and Waltonvi...er I mean Bentonville.  Lots of Tyson plants in that area of the world (Noel, MO went from a quaint little town to a chicken plant company town sometime between the late 80s and the late 90s.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 05:56:35 pm »

quote:

quote:

Spare me from your pathos appeal.  You don't know how to argue or debate.  Stick to the facts.  Your viewpoints do more to cripple immigration reform than assist it.  In the 1960s, people justified segregation by pointing out individual criminal acts committed by African Americans.  Your arguments are no different.  I'm not going to waste any more time on you-- I don't have time to play Major League baseball with a little leaguer!

This from someone who calls people rednecks and racists. Well said Geraldo.

Oh, and since you will not play baseball with me, I guess you will have to continue playing with yourself.

Hometown
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 11:40:05 am »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

If 1804 keeps even one little girl in Oklahoma from becoming a victim(like that poor ten year old girl) of someone who shouldn't be here in the first place, that is reason enough for me to support it.

Either there is a serious lack of intelligence, or just abject ignorance in place here.  Immigration has nothing to do with pedophilia. Period.  You people need to learn how to make an argument without using fallacies.

Thanks for fighting the good fight perspicuity85.  This topic always brings out a lot of:

RACISM
ignorance, and
xenophia

Did you see that article in the Tulsa World about the large number of racist hate groups in Oklahoma?

In earlier times these racists would have been joining up with lynch mobs.  We have a long, sorry history of racism here.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2008, 11:58:19 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hometown

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

quote:

If 1804 keeps even one little girl in Oklahoma from becoming a victim(like that poor ten year old girl) of someone who shouldn't be here in the first place, that is reason enough for me to support it.

Either there is a serious lack of intelligence, or just abject ignorance in place here.  Immigration has nothing to do with pedophilia. Period.  You people need to learn how to make an argument without using fallacies.

Thanks for fighting the good fight perspicuity85.  This topic always brings out a lot of:

RACISM
ignorance, and
xenophia

Did you see that article in the Tulsa World about the large number of racist hate groups in Oklahoma?

In earlier times these racists would have been joining up with lynch mobs.  We have a long, sorry history of racism here.

I hate hate groups!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 12:04:08 pm »

Here are more prejudicing rednecks who apparently have not gotten the memo re: meaningful immigration reform. These racist dolts are actually suing the employer of an illegal immigrant who killed a cop in Houston.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5789864.html

newser
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 05:52:28 pm »

Hey Bugo, actually the guy who was stabbed on I-244 was stabbed by a white dude.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2008, 08:28:11 am »

Oklahoma's 1804 will become null & void whenever the federal gov't grants amnesty to the illegal aliens here- and sooner or latter they will grant that amnesty they won't quit until they do. They are now working to slip a amnesty plan thru with a AG bill, I believe the vote is today. If it passes millions upon millions of illegals who work farms would be able to stay here and get full federal benefits and take other jobs besides farm jobs, because once they get amnesty they don't have to stay on the farm anymore, they can move on up the ladder. It's pretty darn bad.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org