A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:28:04 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Tulsa just a poor mans Fort Worth?  (Read 15965 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2010, 03:00:15 pm »

I stayed in downtown Ft. Worth recently (first time in at least 10 years) which I found to be very similar to Tulsa and Oklahoma City but more lively mainly because there were more restaurants and even a few retail shops in the actual CBD.  I stayed next to Sundance Square which the main entertainment district downtown but it appears the actual 'square' is a parking lot which was strange.  They have an AMC movie theatre and a Barnes & Noble in this area and at least a dozen restaurants mostly along Main which has their beautiful courthouse at one end and the convention center at the other.  By the time you get to the area around the convention center the downtown is pretty dead, really anywhere outside of the few blocks around Sundance Square and the Bass Operahouse.  That being said I would still say Tulsa's downtown is 'nicer' than Fort Worth's and better connected to surrounding neighborhoods, which is surprising considering we have the IDL, and that is for a city twice the size of Tulsa.  Building up a Sundance Square-type area, which very well could be happening with Blue Dome, is the key for attracting more people to downtown. 

Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2010, 04:27:44 pm »

I love downtown Ft. Worth..I spent a week there last year and a week this year at the Embassy Suites Downtown.  Really, really nice to walk around at night.  

I prefer it to Dallas, actually.

Don't throw stuff at me, BUT there are several FREE!!!! parking lots around downtown FW (ahem, OKC) which I think is cool.  I HATE paying to park at freaking Bricktown. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 04:30:45 pm by Kashmir » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org