A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:24:46 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glenpool / TCC  (Read 4365 times)
South County
« on: August 01, 2008, 06:07:34 pm »

Glenpool has signed a deal with TCC to have a college presence in Glenpool. They will be using City Hall (141st and Hwy 75) and have 3 classrooms this fall. Currently City Hall is under some renovations to make the classrooms. I haven't found out what classes will be offered yet, but I was curious if people in the southern to South West part of the County would consider attending at this location? Any thoughts?
inteller
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by South County

Glenpool has signed a deal with TCC to have a college presence in Glenpool. They will be using City Hall (141st and Hwy 75) and have 3 classrooms this fall. Currently City Hall is under some renovations to make the classrooms. I haven't found out what classes will be offered yet, but I was curious if people in the southern to South West part of the County would consider attending at this location? Any thoughts?

i see the amoeba continues to spread.  obviously a tax vote that went down in flames has not slowed them down.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:14:39 am »

That area (Jenks/Glenpool/hwy75) is where the West Campus actually should have been in the first place. Though perhaps they just didnt envision that area growing like it is now. Sometimes you really, honestly, cant predict those things. But I really cant understand their logic for the North and West campus locations. The South East Campus was a good move. I went there when I lived in BA and south Tulsa myself. The NE Campus would have done better right on hwy75 and 56th street north. Easy access off the highway for those in north Tulsa and closer, especially psychologically, and easier access to students from Owasso and Collinsville. The West Campus... I have no idea what they were thinking for that location.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:11:56 am »

The West campus was built where it is due to a study being done that found the Metro campus had a very high percentage of its students coming from the Sand Springs/Sapulpa/Manford area.

I know when I went to school there in the early 90's it was like I never left high school since most of my graduating class was attending there as well.

They were also given the land to build on.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 02:31:41 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by wavoka

The West campus was built where it is due to a study being done that found the Metro campus had a very high percentage of its students coming from the Sand Springs/Sapulpa/Manford area.

I know when I went to school there in the early 90's it was like I never left high school since most of my graduating class was attending there as well.

They were also given the land to build on.

Hmm, would have almost rather have had them expand the Metro Campus more. And I dont mean parking lots lol. Do you think you and your classmates would have gone to a larger metro campus?

Sapulpa could have easily gone to a Jenks/Glenpool Campus. Sand Springs is close to downtown. Not that we can change anything now. Just interesting to ponder.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:32:15 pm by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org