A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:29:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eastman Curtis Old Show  (Read 4830 times)
buzz words
« on: September 04, 2008, 10:24:23 pm »

Does anyone know anything about Eastman Curtis old Tv Show?  I am trying to find some info on it.  Please help.  Thank you..
Steve
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »

All I remember about him was he was a follower of Oral Roberts, trying to attract a younger hip crowd of gullible givers with the same old Oral Roberts crap about "seed faith gifts."  I haven't seen him on "Christian" TV for several years.  His apparent TV demise is a good thing.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:55:34 pm by Steve » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:17:52 pm »

He ran Destiny Church in Broken Arrow, raised lots of $$ for a church addition, then resigned suddenly from the church citing "personal issues".  The construction was still un-finished, the church was in debt, and Pastor Curtis rode off into the sunset.

I've heard he's set up shop again, meeting at Holiday Inn Select at 5000 E. Skelly Dr.

I attended twice with a friend of mine about four or five years ago.  I got the creeps from the place and it was obvious he was a narcissist.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:36:05 pm »

I've heard his heart is good, although he does seem a bit proud of himself. The personal reasons for which he quit was that his wife took off and he had to try to get his life together. Destiny has done well without him, and I believe their stagnant building program is going again.
JoeMommaBlake
Civic Leader

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 06:48:18 pm »

Fire by Nite...

Takes me back. I went once to a live taping and saw the Newsboys when I was a kid.

"Make no little plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized."
- Daniel Burnham

http://www.joemommastulsa.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org