A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 02:25:42 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karen Keith Rakes in the Mid-Town Moola  (Read 8598 times)
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 09:25:49 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Rico

quote:
Originally posted by Friendly Bear

Put lipstick on a Pig.  What do you have?

[8D]

uhhhhhh Sarah Palin.......?
 [}:)]

Uhhhhh......Karen K. Keith!

Pucker Up!

USRufnex
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 10:07:08 am »

quote:

quote:

[8D]

Amen.  Preach it, brother Rico.  [Tongue]
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 10:34:46 am »

quote:
Originally posted by USRufnex

quote:

quote:

[8D]

Amen.  Preach it, brother Rico.  [Tongue]

Who would you rather kiss?

Sarah Palin?

Or,

Joe Biden?

Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:58 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Double A

I will not vote for Karen Keith. Her record on the issues speaks louder than the empty promises of her campaign rhetoric. She's just another status quo conformer masquerading as a reformer.

Tulsa County Commission Candidate Sally Bell came out this week against the 10 South Yale/10 North Yale THA project for the homeless/mentally ill.  

You know, the project that the THA and Ruth Kaiser Nelson rammed down the throats of the White City neighborhood.

Wonder if Karen Keith has taken a position about this neighborhood project?

She used to be very active in her Brookside neighborhood association....

OkieDiva
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 08:23:37 pm »

quote:

Tulsa County Commission Candidate Sally Bell came out this week against the 10 South Yale/10 North Yale THA project for the homeless/mentally ill.  

You know, the project that the THA and Ruth Kaiser Nelson rammed down the throats of the White City neighborhood.

I know! Maybe Silly Sally can build a new Bell's at 10/Yale. I dislike the NIMBY approach, but a real slum like that in my neighborhood would get my dander up... much, much more so than a facility dedicated to helping fellow citizens become healthy and productive.

FB, you are offensive. Disagree with Karen's politics all you like. Insinuate (and look stupid doing so) that her experience is inferior to hiring a bunch of teens to serve food on a stick and run decrepit bumper boat rides. But to bring up Karen's uterus? In a county commission race? It serves no point other than to confirm your lack of sense and couth.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 09:45:05 pm »

I think that Bear is implying that if she's not burdened with children, then she'd be an even better choice. Her entire focus would be on the county, instead of on her children. Is that what you were trying to convey? [Wink]

---Robert
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:25 pm »

I'm tired of Karen getting picked on.  I'm voting twice for her to make up for the meanies.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Double A
Sofa King Banned
City Father

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 11:43:17 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

I'm tired of Karen getting picked on.  I'm voting twice for her to make up for the meanies.

Jim Burdge, Is that you?[?]

<center>
</center>
The clash of ideas is the sound of freedom. Ars Longa, Vita Brevis!
cks511
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 07:16:02 am »

Dear Ms. Keith,

Thank you for your seven paragraph letter personally addressed to me AND the glossy insert extolling Vision, Experience, Integrity.  Wow! The buzz words!  I'm amazed at the depth and breadth!  Are you sure this was meant for me?

But what's this???  An envelope?  Oh my!  You want money from little ole me?  Sorry Ms. Keith I happen to know you've already collected more than I make in a year.  And, you've received those funds from Tulsa's wealthiest elite.   It's laughable that you already want my money before you are elected.  I'm sure you will come after more IF you are elected. Oh, and what this?  I have to put my own stamp on it? Wow!  

Ms. Keith you will not be receiving my money.  You will, however, be receiving a no vote from me.  Your mailing proves just how out of touch you are else, I would not have received this from you.    

Yours truly,

Carol Snyder

waterboy
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 07:38:11 am »

quote:
Originally posted by cks511

Dear Ms. Keith,

Thank you for your seven paragraph letter personally addressed to me AND the glossy insert extolling Vision, Experience, Integrity.  Wow! The buzz words!  I'm amazed at the depth and breadth!  Are you sure this was meant for me?

But what's this???  An envelope?  Oh my!  You want money from little ole me?  Sorry Ms. Keith I happen to know you've already collected more than I make in a year.  And, you've received those funds from Tulsa's wealthiest elite.   It's laughable that you already want my money before you are elected.  I'm sure you will come after more IF you are elected. Oh, and what this?  I have to put my own stamp on it? Wow!  

Ms. Keith you will not be receiving my money.  You will, however, be receiving a no vote from me.  Your mailing proves just how out of touch you are else, I would not have received this from you.    

Yours truly,

Carol Snyder

You must be one of those tons of hypocritical Tulsans who are registered as Democratic or Independent yet wouldn't dream of ever voting for a Democrat unless is was a Dino.

Change your registration or stop voting altoghether and you won't receive such "offensive" mailings.

I like a good underdog, prairie fire candidate that comes from nowhere and makes a big splash ([Tongue]) by overcoming all odds. Maybe that's Bell. I doubt it. The amount of money collected in an election is still a good indicator of support, especially if it comes from a wide array of donors. Inhofe, Coburn, Taylor, and other locals prove it over and over. There simply are not enough negatives about Keith to oppose her.

However, Bell taking a position on the 10 North Yale development seems strange to me. That isn't county land is it? Isn't she just demagoguing?
cks511
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 07:44:21 am »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

.... or stop voting altoghether and you won't receive such "offensive" mailings.

Actually if there ever was an election where I've considiered NOT voting, it would be this one...I hate voting for the lesser of two nothings....oh well.  Waterboy you sound grouchy this morning.
waterboy
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 08:09:53 am »

quote:

quote:

.... or stop voting altoghether and you won't receive such "offensive" mailings.

Actually if there ever was an election where I've considiered NOT voting, it would be this one...I hate voting for the lesser of two nothings....oh well.  Waterboy you sound grouchy this morning.

I'm having a grouchy year. Happens every 4 years or so. Someone will smile at me today and I'll be okay.[Wink]

Vote anyway. If you can write a readable sentence using some logic, based on some defensable facts, your country needs you!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 08:50:19 am »

quote:

However, Bell taking a position on the 10 North Yale development seems strange to me. That isn't county land is it? Isn't she just demagoguing?

Demagoguing I do believe.

I guess taking a position on that is still better than Anna Falling campaigning for CCD-1 two years ago by telling everyone she was against same sex marriage and abortion.  [B)]

That's a total "pancakes???" issue with a county commissioner.

I think anger has subsided enough over Randi, that's the biggest reason for the huge shellacking Sally put on her in the primary.  Karen will be the next CCD-2 commish.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Friendly Bear
City Father

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2008, 11:11:20 am »

quote:

Dear Ms. Keith,

Yours truly,

Carol Snyder

I got the same letter, glossy flyer, and Return Envelope.

Tossed it in the trash.

Karen Keith is a slick PR Mouthpiece, OWNED by the local, moneyed ruling establishment.

She's owned.

With a vote for Sally Bell, at least there's a CHANCE for reform of our corrupt county government.

A chance.

There's NONE with Karen Keith.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 11:12:38 am by Friendly Bear » Logged
waterboy
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:24 pm »

Please refer to her as "monied". Your making me think she has some kind of eye deformity called mon eye.[Cheesy]

Besides, whats wrong with people having money and supporting candidates who seem reasonable to them? Us po' folks would if we could. We all want the same things: LCD TV's, a foreign luxury car, attractive mates and stocks that only rise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org