A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:29:46 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warm Fuzzies From The Libtard Blogs  (Read 4418 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 08:45:38 am »

quote:
Originally posted by PonderInc

For every wacko conspiracy, there is an equal and oppposite wacko conspiracy.  None of it elevates the debate.  

To paraphrase a trite but true saying: America is not red or blue, it's every shade of purple in between.

So even smart guys like Conan can be republicans (as mysterious as that is to me...) and we can still be friends, and find a lot of common ground. (Except his use of the term "libtard" which is ridiculously juvenille...and sounds much more like Rush Limbaugh or that "pinhead" from Fox News than the thoughtful person I know Conan to be.)

I'm sure Conan's daughter appreciates all the "liberal" rights available to her like a free high school education, owning property, voting, attending college/graduate school, wearing slacks, playing sports, working in any profession she may choose, expecting the workplace to be free from sexual harrassment, being free to love whomever she wants, expecting basic environmental standards for clean air and water, and expecting a little help from social security and medicare for her loved ones who are elderly and might be in failing health. (Heck, she might even decide to run for president someday!)  

I'll stand behind those libtard values any day.

Nice post.  I appreciate the respect and it is reciprocated toward you.

I DO delineate between "liberals" and "libtards".  "Libtards" make comments like: "Todd Palin is father to Bristol's baby..."  "Gov. Palin 'bearded' her daughter's baby".  

That's "libtard".

We do have "reptards" as well.

They are just not as common

[Tongue]

I'm actually pretty socially liberal, there's a few issues I'm more GOP on, fiscal conservatism used to be one of those issues, but I don't think anyone in DC understands that concept anymore, so scratch that off the list.  When someone posted the scale some months back to determine where someone falls on the spectrum, I'm decidedly Libertarian.  Unfortunately, that gives you nothing politically in Oklahoma.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org