A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:30:03 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lipstick on a pig? Water off a ducks back!  (Read 2367 times)
tim huntzinger
« on: September 10, 2008, 08:46:18 am »

I thought O'bama's 'gaffe' was awesome, and not at all directed at Palin.  O'bama was calling McCain the pig, IMO - Palin is the lipstick!  The M/P ticket is wayyyyy overreaching on this one. if this upset them, just wait until the psuedoanonymous 'swift-boat' groups start in.  Best thing to do would be to let ad hominen attacks just roll off.  Of course, at least the campaign did not say 'Well, that is the pot calling the kettle . . . Barack!'
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 08:52:24 am »

quote:
Originally posted by tim huntzinger

I thought O'bama's 'gaffe' was awesome, and not at all directed at Palin.  O'bama was calling McCain the pig, IMO - Palin is the lipstick!  The M/P ticket is wayyyyy overreaching on this one. if this upset them, just wait until the psuedoanonymous 'swift-boat' groups start in.  Best thing to do would be to let ad hominen attacks just roll off.  Of course, at least the campaign did not say 'Well, that is the pot calling the kettle . . . Barack!'

You are correct.  They won't let it roll off though.  They will confront it and make it fester.  I think I hear them doing so right now on the radio.

Darn.  I'm one day off on my prediction for the excrement storm that the Obama Campaign will be facing from this point on.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:54:06 am »

He should explain his remarks and apologize if anyone was offended.

I agree that his remarks were toward McCain and not Palin. You could call her a bunch of things, but she ain't a pig.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:55:03 am »

That's pretty funny, I hadn't really thought of McCain being able to use the "gender card" up till now.

I wonder if he will use the "eskimo card" at some point?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 09:14:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

That's pretty funny, I hadn't really thought of McCain being able to use the "gender card" up till now.

How do you use the "eskimo card"?

"While your family was living in the lap of luxury, my people were freezing and eating whale blubber, and well. . .they were darn happy about it!"

Honestly.  I've met several eskimo's on my trips to Alaska, and I have never met an unhappy one.  They are the most self-sufficient, honest, giving group of folks I have ever come across.  I really don't think their is an "eskimo card."  

I think if you made fun of someone because they were eskimo, they would just laugh at you because deep down inside they know that you are nothing but polar-bear food.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 09:15:49 am by Gaspar » Logged

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 09:20:57 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Gaspar

quote:
Originally posted by Conan71

How do you use the "eskimo card"?

"While your family was living in the lap of luxury, my people were freezing and eating whale blubber, and well. . .they were darn happy about it!"

Honestly.  I've met several eskimo's on my trips to Alaska, and I have never met an unhappy one.  They are the most self-sufficient, honest, giving group of folks I have ever come across.  I really don't think their is an "eskimo card."  

I think if you made fun of someone because they were eskimo, they would just laugh at you because deep down inside they know that you are nothing but polar-bear food.

Most of the 'Eskimos' I've met don't like people using that term.  It's usually Inuit (Canadian I think) or Inupuit???

And I will agree with you.  I have more than a fair share of Native American blood in me, and the Alaskan Native Americans that I've met were just as jovial and cordial as could be.  Most people could take a few lessons from them.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:46:58 am »

It's "Warm weather challenged" now
Crash Daily
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 10:23:18 am »

I really don't think I could've voted for McCain until he picked Palin as a running mate. I wouldn't have been able to vote for him, no matter how much Obama sucks, except the fact that he chose someone that I really like. It was unexpected and I'm glad it happened. I guess it really is lipstick on a pig. [Cheesy]
The thing is we now have a choice between lipstick on a pig or candy coated sh*t. Once you get past the lipstick and candy, I'd much rather eat bacon. [Tongue]

VOTE MC OR WE'LL END UP WITH B.O. AND THAT REALLY STINKS!!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:24:41 am by Crash Daily » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 10:32:20 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8IhMMhe8w&eurl

McShame (R-Idiot) is too dumb to recall what HE said....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org