A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:30:22 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 71st & Hwy 169 Behind Best Buy  (Read 18235 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:15 pm »

Hehe, I remember the Aloft was going in that area, but whats going in right now is the Dave and Busters. If the hotel is still going to be built, it will be going in next door.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Composer
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 09:45:38 pm »

I believe the hotel will be next to Dave & Busters.  The D&B is sitting on a pad site for the hotel development.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13:07 pm »

Yes, and our Casa Bonita is weak compared to their too, but they are a much larger city.

The address for Aloft put's it behind David's Bridal, not behind Best Buy.
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 04:50:45 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by sgrizzle

Yes, and our Casa Bonita is weak compared to their too, but they are a much larger city.

And I though Casa Bonita was just weak.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 05:04:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by tulsascoot

quote:

The current incarnation's food is, that's for sure.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 06:28:43 pm »

quote:

quote:

Sometimes you don't get it right the first time. Reliving the first time is not the same as improving. Denver's Casa Bonita is a major tourist attraction, complete with it's own South Park episode.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 07:37:58 pm »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sometimes you don't get it right the first time. Reliving the first time is not the same as improving. Denver's Casa Bonita is a major tourist attraction, complete with it's own South Park episode.

If that's the case, then PF Chang's should be as well, complete with a stoned towel...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 08:49:02 am »

quote:

quote:

quote:

Didn't we get an episode with "Million Child Blow"?  It was the brown noise episode.

I believe Mr Garrison is from our area too.
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 09:17:05 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

Didn't we get an episode with "Million Child Blow"?  It was the brown noise episode.

No, the concert was going to be in Oklahoma City, but was redirected to Little Rock after a flood. Little Rock is considered Mr. Garrison's hometown.

---Robert
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 10:00:25 am »

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

PUD-595-B 6514 18c/8 3/19/2008 Sisemore Weisz & Associates Aloft Hotel-Anish Hotel Group Approx. 1/3 mile E. of S. Mingo & 1/3 mile N. of 71st St. S. (NW of intersection of 68th South & S. 104th E. Ave.)

I keep reading that as "Amish Hotel Group"
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 11:42:39 am »

quote:
Originally posted by TURobY

quote:
Originally posted by Townsend

No, the concert was going to be in Oklahoma City, but was redirected to Little Rock after a flood. Little Rock is considered Mr. Garrison's hometown.

Oh right.  My bad.  We had Chandler Bing.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 12:08:42 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kashmir

quote:
Originally posted by inteller

PUD-595-B 6514 18c/8 3/19/2008 Sisemore Weisz & Associates Aloft Hotel-Anish Hotel Group Approx. 1/3 mile E. of S. Mingo & 1/3 mile N. of 71st St. S. (NW of intersection of 68th South & S. 104th E. Ave.)

I keep reading that as "Amish Hotel Group"

They are cozy rooms with nice quilts and furniture, but no TV's or elevators.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 02:55:34 pm »

It looks like the Aloft Hotel is going in as promised.   I stayed at the one in Plano, cool hotel.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2009, 03:18:03 pm »

Aloft is apparently owned by Starwood Hotels (also own Westin and Sheraton) .  They have a placeholder page for Tulsa's Aloft:

Aloft Tulsa - Opening July 1, 2010

For information on careers at Aloft Tulsa - Opening July 1, 2010, please use the contact details below.
Physical Address

* Highway 169 and 71st Street
    * Tulsa, Oklahoma 74014
    * United States

Phone: To be Announced
Fax: To be Announced

. . .

Pre-Opening Information

The aloft Tulsa is currently accepting inquiries at the pre-opening office, which is located at the address listed above. This is also the hotel's physical address. Individual hotel reservations are not being accepted at this time.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/overview/contact.html?propertyID=3143

139 guest rooms listed.  There are 66 Aloft hotels currently around the world and about 50 on the way.   

Some sample room images:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=3143#photo_section_1Link

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
TUalum0982
Philanthropist

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2009, 06:49:07 pm »

Aloft is apparently owned by Starwood Hotels (also own Westin and Sheraton) .  They have a placeholder page for Tulsa's Aloft:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/overview/contact.html?propertyID=3143

139 guest rooms listed.  There are 66 Aloft hotels currently around the world and about 50 on the way.   

Some sample room images:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/alofthotels/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=3143#photo_section_1Link

I am not trying to argue CF, but from driving by it looks like it should be complete way before July 2010.  Also, ALOFT hotels are similar to a hyatt place.  The old Amerisuites at 71st and yale was converted to a Hyatt Place.  They both seem to have the same style of room, with the modern decor, order breakfast from the touch screen computer and similar front desk areas.  Nice hotel, and can usually be found for a decent price.

"You cant solve Stupid." 
"I don't do sorry, sorry is for criminals and screw ups."
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org