A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:17:25 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Posters Locked out of the Forum  (Read 11959 times)
Uranus74136
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 05:10:35 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd

Were there particular rules that either poster was having issues with?  I'm just curious which part of their respective acts finally crossed the line.

I'm with Floyd.  What exactly did they do to violate the Forum Rules?  

Maybe everyone should know.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 05:37:06 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Uranus74136

quote:

Were there particular rules that either poster was having issues with?  I'm just curious which part of their respective acts finally crossed the line.

And Bear is back.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 06:11:32 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by swake

quote:

quote:

And Bear is back.

Won't take long to figure out if they have IP tracking....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2008, 06:38:46 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

quote:

quote:

And Bear is back.

No, I’m not speculating, it’s Bear’s old forum ID. He’s known as “Bob the Tulsan” other places and I forget what his original ID was here but Neptune made him so mad years ago he came up with the name Uranus74136 as a childish play on words and insult to Neptune and switched. He stopped posting for a long time and when he returned he was “Friendly Bear” and has been for a couple of years now. I had really thought Uranus74136 had been banned back then for making a lot of racist and other bear like remarks, I guess not. When he started posting again a couple of years ago under the name Friendly Bear he was from the start was the same as he always was, he even used to reference his old user name. It’s completely the same guy, he just has multiple IDs and always has had. If Uranus is killed I’m pretty sure he has another even older one but I can’t remember what that was. Here’s to hoping he can’t either.

FOTD used to be known as Axoamaoxa, and I also think he was kicked out under that user name long ago. When he was known as Axoamaoxa he was even more combative then he has been has FOTD. He had actually toned down a lot under the name FOTD before election season started. But his blind hate of Republicans got the better of him and in the past few weeks he’s been insufferable, even to Democrats. His user name Axoamaoxa was a misspelling of the Greatful Dead album Aoxomoxoa and FOTD is for a Dead song “Friend of the Devil”.
Uranus74136
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 06:42:32 pm »

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoss

quote:

quote:

quote:

And Bear is back.

No, I’m not speculating, it’s Bear’s old forum ID. He’s known as “Bob the Tulsan” other places and I forget what his original ID was here but Neptune made him so mad years ago he came up with the name Uranus74136 as a childish play on words and insult to Neptune and switched. He stopped posting for a long time and when he returned he was “Friendly Bear” and has been for a couple of years now. I had really thought Uranus74136 had been banned back then for making a lot of racist and other bear like remarks, I guess not. When he started posting again a couple of years ago under the name Friendly Bear he was from the start was the same as he always was, he even used to reference his old user name. It’s completely the same guy, he just has multiple IDs and always has had. If Uranus is killed I’m pretty sure he has another even older one but I can’t remember what that was. Here’s to hoping he can’t either.

FOTD used to be known as Axoamaoxa, and I also think he was kicked out under that user name long ago. When he was known as Axoamaoxa he was even more combative then he has been has FOTD. He had actually toned down a lot under the name FOTD before election season started. But his blind hate of Republicans got the better of him and in the past few weeks he’s been insufferable, even to Democrats. His user name Axoamaoxa was a misspelling of the Greatful Dead album Aoxomoxoa and FOTD is for a Dead song “Friend of the Devil”.

Sorry, Mr. Swake.

Just a case of mistaken identity.

Neptune
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 07:04:09 pm »

Uranus74136 is Friendly Bear, as far as I remember.  Also goes by Pluto(something).  Maybe more.

Personally I don't mind having lots of planets around.  Particularly Uranus, it is after all the bastard retarded brother of myself, lord of everything this side of the outer edges of the Oort Cloud:  Neptune.  Uranus doesn't even spin on its axis correctly.  

I, Neptune, would like to congratulate the Friendly Bear for making it to Uranus.  Sure, you rode atop of a Chinese missile, and yeah it's kind of a dumb planet, but it was a feat nonetheless.  Since neither planets nor bears have zip codes, I'd suggest dropping it.  Also, stay over there, the rest of space is mine.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 07:39:07 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Neptune

Uranus74136 is Friendly Bear, as far as I remember.  Also goes by Pluto(something).  Maybe more.

Personally I don't mind having lots of planets around.  Particularly Uranus, it is after all the bastard retarded brother of myself, lord of everything this side of the outer edges of the Oort Cloud:  Neptune.  Uranus doesn't even spin on its axis correctly.  

I, Neptune, would like to congratulate the Friendly Bear for making it to Uranus.  Sure, you rode atop of a Chinese missile, and yeah it's kind of a dumb planet, but it was a feat nonetheless.  Since neither planets nor bears have zip codes, I'd suggest dropping it.  Also, stay over there, the rest of space is mine.

I thought Pluto and BlueBirdPoint were one and the same?
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 07:54:05 pm »

Bluebirdpoint was also Doctor Disco and something else. I think Pluto was Paul Tay but it's been a little while and my memory is fuzzy.

Ironically, FB is Uranus.

I would say they both broke about everyone of these at some point or another:
Vulgarity: obscene or explicit content or references
Spamming/Cross posting: off-topic or repetitive content
Self-promotion: Unrelated commercial content or advertising
Off Topic/Thread Hijacking: Replies that are off-topic or intentionally inflammatory
Shilling: registering multiple user names. If you feel you have a justified reason to have more than one user name, please contact the Admin first.
Harrassment: name calling, bullying or threatening of any kind directed toward the users or staff of this forum
Disruption: any activity that disrupts the operation or intent of this forum or web site

Wilbur
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 05:18:20 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Two posters have been banned from the TulsaNow forums for repeated rules violations. Each of them had been warned repeatedly before action was taken. The posters FOTD and Friendly Bear continued to ignore these warnings and their actions have led to the loss of their access to the forum.

Please take note that TulsaNow moderators allowed their participation long after many of you notified us of their actions. The moderators took time to review and discuss each of the violations and acted on what is best for the forum and the other posters. Tulsa Now welcomes differences of opinions, but they must not be expressed in a destructive manner and repeated violations of the TOS agreement will not be allowed.

Moderators will continue to monitor all threads for inappropriate language and other violations of the forum rules. If you have any questions or want to report any activity to the moderators, please send a message to info@tulsanow.org or a PM to the moderator.

Dang!  Ain't that a bi!ch.

Not sure how I feel about that.  

But I can say, most everyone here has been on the negative receiving end of both of these folks.  Their typical responses to other people's post certainly does not promote active debate.  In fact, in my case, it made me less active on the entire forum.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 10:24:56 am »

When Aox/FOTD reincarnates himself next time, anyone want to bet he talks about himself in the 4th or 5th person tense?

[}:)]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 11:16:46 am »

Does this mean we can lock all of FOTD's private threads (where he just spends days posting links to himself)?

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
waterboy
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 11:19:17 am »

They were both entertaining. However, I won't miss logging on and finding 90% of the topics and posts with their monikers attached.

Here's a thought. Limit the number or authorship of political threads in some manner or start a separate political forum. It doesn't seem to me that the goals of TulsaNow were to serve as a political clearinghouse.

Years back, I complained to the Tulsa World about them not printing my comments in the Call the Editor column. They responded that they received thousands of calls and letters daily. They hated dealing with them. They simply couldn't print them all so they printed representative calls and letters to the editor.
Can you imagine?! They couldn't see the opportunity. Their own market couldn't open their eyes. Print more pages of calls and letters and sell advertising around them! Newsprint was cheap!

Anyway, this might signal an opportunity as well.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 11:38:29 am »

Open up a Google AdSence campaign for TulsaNow forum.  Could make a nice chunk of change every month.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 12:58:15 pm »

Google Adsense was netting us $20-$30 a month. We've been restructuring the ads so we haven't sold any new ones recently but just one ad at the top of this page makes more than adsense did. The problem is that we had lousy click-throughs.

The only upside is that we had plenty of cash for cookies and coffee at the "What About Rail" and "Plantitulsa" events we sponsored.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 01:36:10 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

They were both entertaining. However, I won't miss logging on and finding 90% of the topics and posts with their monikers attached.

Here's a thought. Limit the number or authorship of political threads in some manner or start a separate political forum. It doesn't seem to me that the goals of TulsaNow were to serve as a political clearinghouse.

Years back, I complained to the Tulsa World about them not printing my comments in the Call the Editor column. They responded that they received thousands of calls and letters daily. They hated dealing with them. They simply couldn't print them all so they printed representative calls and letters to the editor.
Can you imagine?! They couldn't see the opportunity. Their own market couldn't open their eyes. Print more pages of calls and letters and sell advertising around them! Newsprint was cheap!

Anyway, this might signal an opportunity as well.

I always found their claim of thousands of calls suspect.  I always figured people with views close to those of the "call in" editor got chosen.  Can you even begin to imagine some of the hillbilly rants they get on their answering system.

That said, I've had several written letters to the editor published over the years.  I don't remember one which did not make it to print.  Friends of mine have had similar experience.

I honestly think we will see a slowdown in thread origination with those two gone.  

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org