A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:41:39 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I would like a categorized list  (Read 5022 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 09:16:04 am »

what was the "walking neighborhood calculator" we posted a few months back?  That thing made a list of many business in several categories and seemed to do a pretty good job of it.  You may discover places you have no considered.

Speaking of small businesses...

Anyone know what the Oklahoma Mercantile and Dry Goods place is?  I think it is an art store?  Always wanted to stop, never have.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
waterboy
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2008, 01:38:06 pm »

I tried 411.com, googlemaps, walkscore. Google was closest to what I envisioned. I put in Pizza near 15th & Peoria and got lots of listings but it's still showing Pizza Hut at 1502 South Peoria (now McDonalds for several years).

I then put in parameters of 1mile radius and requested "all businesses" and got 16 pages of listings with about 4 per page. It said there were 1792 listings but I only got around 40. Which makes me think they only listed those who paid a fee to be listed.

Interesting tools. 411.com's reverse listing said I was 40 years old. Been awhile since that time!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2008, 01:50:38 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

I tried 411.com, googlemaps, walkscore. Google was closest to what I envisioned. I put in Pizza near 15th & Peoria and got lots of listings but it's still showing Pizza Hut at 1502 South Peoria (now McDonalds for several years).

I then put in parameters of 1mile radius and requested "all businesses" and got 16 pages of listings with about 4 per page. It said there were 1792 listings but I only got around 40. Which makes me think they only listed those who paid a fee to be listed.

Interesting tools. 411.com's reverse listing said I was 40 years old. Been awhile since that time!

Well, maybe it was another Waterboy.  That's a very common American name, you know. [Wink]

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2008, 02:10:44 pm »

or it could have been Otterboy.
waterboy
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2008, 02:24:35 pm »

Oh. I hadn't thought of using my given name. Is that what they mean by identity confusion?

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 04:16:18 pm »

Try the Clif Bar Two Mile Challenge:

http://2milechallenge.com/map/

This is a map of various businesses within 2 miles of the address you supply.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
waterboy
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2008, 07:49:29 pm »

I like that one. I can see why you would too. Great way to map out a ride and share it with friends. Thanks.
AMP
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2008, 10:47:45 pm »

Well Google is not too hip on rual addresses and directions.  Has a few of the businesses listed, but no clue of the proper locations on the map.  

We were attending the 9th annual Chili Cook-Off last October in a town 3 miles from where we produce races.  Out of 100 people we spoke with, less than six knew which direction or the name of the next town to the west of them was.

If the locals don't have a clue, no wonder Google Map does not either.

Try anywho.com they have a neighbor search feature as well.  Most these type sites are dated.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:50:26 pm by AMP » Logged
zstyles
Philanthropist

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 08:03:21 am »

I was on cherry street last night and there was soem music coming from above the "Dingbats" building across from Camilles...anyone know what this rooftop place is?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org