A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 02:46:12 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruth's Chris Steak House  (Read 42162 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 12:37:35 pm »

Too much to dew? what? They have no plan...it's helter skelter down there....

You'd prefer an immense planned development like a mall?
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:00 pm »

You'd prefer an immense planned development like a mall?

Did I say that? No. But you've given me more insight as to why downtown will never flourish....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 12:42:46 pm »

Did I say that? No. But you've given me more insight as to why downtown will never flourish....

You obviously need no insight.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 01:00:53 pm »

Is Trula's still open or not?  We went there for Mother's Day but have not been back since.  No issue with the food at that time, just other places more convenient to home, that and the fact 90% or more of our meals are cooked at home.

I was more impressed with Trula's food in May than I was when they opened.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 01:16:37 pm »

DTowny....it's more likely RC will be at 106th and Memorial....that's the new bulls eye.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 01:28:06 pm »

Is Trula's still open or not?  We went there for Mother's Day but have not been back since.  No issue with the food at that time, just other places more convenient to home, that and the fact 90% or more of our meals are cooked at home.

I was more impressed with Trula's food in May than I was when they opened.

It's open but no longer called Trula's.

Edit, I take that back.  The website still lists Trula's.  I was under the impression it was changed with the new management company.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:30:03 pm by Townsend » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 01:30:48 pm »

DTowny....it's more likely RC will be at 106th and Memorial....that's the new bulls eye.

That would be a shame.

106th and Memorial has an unwelcoming juju.
Jeff P
Civic Leader

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:12 pm »

Dtowner: You can't put false wording in my mouth....I will just spew it back on you. Again, I am not down on downtown. I just think people need to be more careful as opposed to greedy. I fear for Elote because their newest concept has vaulted them into the possibility of losing money. I fear for Juniper because Justin has steaked another claim in the Brady. I worry too many restaurants chasing too few dollars might erode all the good choices as they may eventually be forced to close. What was the name of the Mayo Hotel eatery that everyone was ga ga over when it opened? Open your eyes people. I am addressing this thread....not the entirety of downtown.

So do you just choose to ignore the fact that you have one of the two most prominent downtown restaurant owners saying that business is going like gangbusters?

That his business has increased as more places have opened?

You say that you worry about Juniper.  Have you tried to eat there on a weekend night?  Reservations are required unless you want to eat at 10:30.

Will the new additions to downtown, such as Guthrie Green and then all of the new residences coming on line not just further the demand for more and varied establishments?

I understand the need for owners and investors to not over-extend, but honestly you come off more like a rabid complainer than someone who is really interested the successful development of our city.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

So do you just choose to ignore the fact that you have one of the two most prominent downtown restaurant owners saying that business is going like gangbusters?

You say that you worry about Juniper.  Have you tried to eat there on a weekend night?  Reservations are required unless you want to eat at 10:30.

Will the new additions to downtown, such as Guthrie Green and then all of the new residences coming on line not just further the demand for more and varied establishments?

I understand the need for owners and investors to not over-extend, but honestly you come off more like a rabid complainer than someone who is really interested the successful development of our city.

you come across as a novice....
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 01:44:20 pm »

you come across as a novice....

You come across as a jackass. 

Parry thrust

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 01:51:15 pm »

You come across as a jackass. 

Parry thrust

all you got in your hut is name calling?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 01:55:18 pm »

My only comment at TNF on Guthrie Green is two words: home run. Look it up....

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 01:59:38 pm »

all you got in your hut is name calling?

Not much of a reason to try hard when you're not throwing out any proof to your prophesies of doom.

You say a thing without saying why you say it and then challenge others to prove you right.

Why should anyone really try to converse with you?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 02:01:40 pm »

Not much of a reason to try hard when you're not throwing out any proof to your prophesies of doom.

You say a thing without saying why you say it and then challenge others to prove you right.

Why should anyone really try to converse with you?

Ask questions. Don't be a simpleton name caller. I laid out a progressive suggestion for the east end and you say this carp. I have seen the cycles before. There is no doubt there are too many bars and eateries chasing too few dollars....with still more to come. Would you have ignored Paul Revere...or Jim Inhofe?

Go feed the baby...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 02:04:44 pm »

Ask questions. Don't be a simpleton name caller. I laid out a progressive suggestion for the east end and you say this carp.

Go feed the baby...

Contribute.  Make an effort to add to the forum.

Fight against your natural urges to act the way you do.  Try to improve.  Make yourself likable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org